• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch was the remains of the aubergine curry and chickpea pancakes. Inhaled in-between meetings.

Second G&T being imbibed.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      I've met her a couple of times, she looks exactly like you'd expect someone with a borderline Maccy D problem to look like

Well then she has changed since the London to Brighton 5 years ago she was quite skinny then and a good laugh.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        mr Braun is your friend, or babyliss.
        6mm all over (head) for me.
        haven't been in a barber's for yonks

I'm rocking BR14s avatar's look.

yes Ladies I'm a cross between Jack Nicholson Alec Baldwin (so long as you squint and have a blood alcohol level 2-3 times the driving limit).

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          I find it increasingly irritating and even contemplated various machines for sale in Tesco and Morrisons.

However it hasn't quite reached those levels of desperation yet.

The silvery grey bits are becoming ever more obvious.
          Mine started going grey in my 20s. By my late thirties it was well on its way to the nearly white colour it now is

As mentioned, I had long hair for many years, but I’d formed the vague opinion that long hair and grey didn’t mix. In particular, there was one chap, Ken, who used to go to many of the same pubs as me who I thought looked… not bad, exactly, but I’d sometimes thought that his increasingly grey, straggly hair looked a bit of a mess and he should bite the bullet and start cutting it short, or at least have it tidied up a bit. The song “the oldest swinger in town” sometimes came to mind.

Then, one evening when I was 38, I was queuing at the bar in one of said pubs and the chap queuing directly behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said “Hello Ken, how are you?”

Having confirmed that he’d mistaken me for the same chap and, on returning home, contorted sufficiently in front of the mirror to examine what I could of the back of my head, I went out the next day and had it cut short, as it has been ever since

Comment

i resemble a book by brian w aldiss.
            'greybeard'
            i've never much cared about public perception of my appearance, really.
            vanity isn't my bag.
            WYSIWYG, basically.

in other news, <early> dinner has been a fucculent firloin fteak, with chipf and mufhroomf.

and yet more rioja.
            very tasty indeed.

entertainment?
            maybe 'lewis' later.

Comment

My beard is white in parts and the whiteness level is reaching up past the sideboards now.

I find long hair quite irritating these days.

Apparently it's not 1975 any more.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Now contemplating whether to read "The Micro Revolution" or "The Micro revolution Revisited" by Peter Large.

The first is a 1980 paperback which is falling to pieces, whereas the 2nd is a 1985 softback which has white paper and isn't foxed to death.
              Quite a funny chapter in said book on <portentous voice>"The Shape of Things To Come"</portentousv voice>

Successfully predicted the iPhone, which he expected some time around 1987, and the self driving car which would appear around 1985.

Other than being about 30 or 40 years or so optimistic, he got some of it right.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I am sorely missing my hairdresser who keeps the roots and grey hairs painted over. I never quite managed how to do that myself.

I just hope she didn't go home to Portugal, never to return.

In other news, The Hebridean has delivered a chicken and chorizo pie and asparagus and haddock soup, which HWMBO is warming through for our dinner, with roasted 'tatoes and veg.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

In other news, The Hebridean has delivered a chicken and chorizo pie and asparagus and haddock soup, which HWMBO is warming through for our dinner, with roasted totties and veg.
                  ftfy

Comment

Chicken & Bacon with cheese + potatoes & leeks.

Washed down with "Rosie Pig's Flat tyre = sparkly cloudy cider with rhubarb" thinking when bought it that it was low alcohol lie Piston Heads fat tyre. No its 4% but very tasty! Possibly too sweet.

Comment

For tea tonight, some of last week’s (I think) chicken thigh casserole out of the freezer, with chips and peas; and exceedingly nice it was

Having been largely either thawing stews and casseroles or making and freezing new ones for the past couple of months, I’ve now developed quite a craving for undiced meat as a reaction against them. I foresee many chops, steaks, and so forth in the immediate future

And that reminds me, I’ve got to slice up and freeze the rest of Monday’s roast pork for use in baps and the like.

Comment

Working...
                      X