• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

A few whispy high level clouds going over. Apart from that, not much to report.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Medium intensity (exercise) bike session done

This had better be doing me some good, because there’s a lot of effort involved compared to sitting around in an armchair

Comment

Ham toasties for lunch

The back of the ham packet said it should be eaten within two days of opening. It was opened nearly a week ago, but it looked and smelled fine so I went for it. Anyway, it’s ham, which keeps for ages because it’s been cured

Comment

The Chinese has pushed its putative reopening date back to the week after next

I can’t see the kebab shawarma shop over the road any more because of the tree, but I suspect they shut down some time in the last week or so; they weren’t open at about eight o’clock last Saturday

I’ll have a look out of the front door when I take my life in my hands and go down for the post. If they have indeed given up, the Polish café may end up being the last food place standing around here.

Comment

Sunny now.

Freecell score: 91%, running average 83%.

Lunch: lentil <pffft> soup (Heinz) with Morrisons multiseed bread, yogurt (corner free), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Now contemplating whether to read "The Micro Revolution" or "The Micro revolution Revisited" by Peter Large.

The first is a 1980 paperback which is falling to pieces, whereas the 2nd is a 1985 softback which has white paper and isn't foxed to death.
            Turns out I'm reading the disintegrating paperback.

Inneresting enough in its way, I'd almost forgotten about the newpaper printing wars.

And the miracle of the fax machine.

Or optical fibres coping with 12Mb/s.

Not forgetting token ring of course.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 May 2020, 12:32.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all.

Weather report for northern Mancunia (near Besses o' th' Barn Metrolink): Blue skies, wisps of cloud ere and there, gentle breeze, generally pleasant. An older photo, taken on a similar day, nearer the famous 3-tier bridge, where the Metrolink crosses the A665 which crosses the M60 near J17:

Lunch: Experimented with a new sandwich because we're down on stock and MrsLM is out and about replenishing stock. Corned beef, cheese slice, Heinz Yellow Mustard. Works far better than expected. Wish I had one of those Subway toasting ovens to melt the cheese and it would have no doubt upped the flavour a notch.

Workload: Steady. 2 meetings left today and two deliverables left too. Bizarrely all four, despite being the same project, are unrelated!!
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Bed stripped, bedding wash on

I’m leaving the bed to air for a bit in the nice breeze coming through the bedroom window. Hope I remember to make it before bedtime

Comment

Lunch was left overs from yesterday's dinner.

One meeting to go, at 1645, which is a team catch up so is always a bit of a laugh.

It's been a bit of a down then up week with ClientCo - the Client teams we're supposed to be working with weren't playing nicely and needed a kicking from the senior exec.

Comment

Meetings meetings meetings all morning, but still found the time to do a load of washing (about to hang it out) and start a live yeast wholemeal loaf. That will get baked this evening, ready for tomorrow's breakfast.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Turns out Mrs LM has over-replenished the freezer and one of the pizzas won't fit. Second lunch, rude not to.
                      Looks like I'm going to have to convert to Islam and been known as Yaffat Fukkur.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X