• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I can’t see the kebab shawarma shop over the road any more because of the tree, but I suspect they shut down some time in the last week or so; they weren’t open at about eight o’clock last Saturday

I’ll have a look out of the front door when I take my life in my hands and go down for the post. If they have indeed given up, the Polish café may end up being the last food place standing around here.
    It appears the shawarma place is still open - in fact, right now they're carrying stock in (cans of pop) from a parked car

They must just be closing earlier.

Comment

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, its sojourn in the freezer has worked its magic, custard with the last of the stewed apple & gooseberries, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TBD, though the Sewermen thing is on at 21:00 on Paramount (5 by any other name, dunno about smelling sweet though).

And "Up Pompeii" S II E I. It's amazing what he got away with.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Bed stripped, bedding wash on

I’m leaving the bed to air for a bit in the nice breeze coming through the bedroom window. Hope I remember to make it before bedtime
        I remembered

Comment

dinner was mr brain's faggots, with totties and beans.
          very nice, ans none the worst for being at the back of the freezer for 18 months or so.

and yet more Rioja.

three days off, now.
          i'm finding all this incanting quite tiring you know.

tv will be more murderous goings on in midsomer, i guess, as nothing else attracts.

oh, well.

and one of my pub mates went last week, of the plague.
          bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Entertainment: TBD, though the Sewermen thing is on at 21:00 on Paramount (5 by any other name, dunno about smelling sweet though).

And "Up Pompeii" S II E I. It's amazing what he got away with.
            'Ere, Ludicrus Sextus is a different actor in S II.

I never knew that.

Civilisation E5 was rather more inneresting than the preceding eps.

The Sewermen are removing the most remarkably large bundle of wipes in the pipes, more than 4000 gallons of water and 5 hours and counting.

After 7 hours the wipe blockage means the road will have to be dug up.

WTF was the home owner was putting that many wipes down the bog.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 May 2020, 20:22.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              'Ere, Ludicrus Sextus is a different actor in S II.

I never knew that.

Civilisation E5 was rather more inneresting than the preceding eps.

The Sewermen are removing the most remarkably large bundle of wipes in the pipes, more than 4000 gallons of water and 5 hours and counting.
              there's been a murdur <or two>

Comment

Dinner has been the second of the steak and Spitfire ale pies I made recently, with chips, peas, and gravy. It was extremely nice

Better think about trundling, as they're still coming for the bins tomorrow despite the Bank Holiday

Comment

I remembered

Comment

Dinner was more leftovers. I am not complaining as HWMBO's leftovers are way better than anything I could rustle up.

In addition to the above we have imbibed many cocktails, as I had given my beau (what turns out to be) a very good cocktail book for his birthday.

Needless to say, I am a bit pished.

Comment

Went out a-trundling and somebody had beaten me to it!

Now trying to remember when it was somebody else put it out last year, in case it’s an annual thing

Has the Earth shifted on its axis today without me noticing? This time last night the Moon was really high, well over the tops of the houses (I noticed it was being reflected by my cars’ number plates, and it has to be high to do that) but it’s barely even risen over the houses across the road yet - I went out into the side road, and could see it from there in the gap of the corresponding side road over the way

I know it moves about a bit and keeps to its own weird Lunar schedule, but such a drastic change in declination from one night to the next seems odd

Comment

Working...
                      X