• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather app tells me it's 23 degrees and therefore peaked for the day.

Car needed a jump start - I've become quite good at that and very pleased with my purchase. Didn't go for a drive down the A4 but instead did some local driving towards Chelsea, across to Fulham (ah that's where Stamford Bridge is, note made to avoid that part of Fulham in my property search), and through West Kensington up to Hammersmith Road and back along home. Will need to do a longer trip soon as I don't think that was enough really but am happy with how the car ran on that short trip.

With my eyesight duly tested, I emailed my Dad to report the success and was reminded that I ought to check oil levels and tyre pressures. Good old Dad. My jump starter also has a compressor for pumping up tyres and I had immediately put it on charge when I got home to do exactly that.

Even better - my parking space hadn't been pinched and it was funny to see it marked out by dirt.

I think I'll contact my roving car valet and get him to pop round and give it a clean.

Now to dig out the stereo manual and figure out how to tune the bloody radio again.

Comment

Ooh - what's with all the certificate and bad gateway errors?

Is Admin 'fixing' things again?

Comment

Exercise bike done

Another PB "award" for calories, this time by quite a margin rather than just a few. I was almost done winding it down when I noticed that I hadn't clocked up enough get one, and decided the hell with it, I wanted my foolish little virtual medal. So I cranked the resistance back up and did another five or six minutes, which got me way past the previous record

And the walk to the Chinese tonight will more than fill up the remaining sliver of the exercise ring

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Ooh - what's with all the certificate and bad gateway errors?

Is Admin 'fixing' things again?
          Seems so

Comment

Oh FFS, my nieces have asked for the family Zoom call tomorrow to be moved to 10am

And there's no Monkey Life on tomorrow either

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Oh FFS, my nieces have asked for the family Zoom call tomorrow to be moved to 10am

And there's no Monkey Life on tomorrow either
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Freecell score this afternoon: 91%, running average 83%.

Having used a calculator to work out the running average I'm rather disappointed to find that it's within a gnat's wotsit of 83%.

If I fail to buck my ideas up it'll be back down to 82%.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Several pairs of jeans now in the wash, along with the raggedy old shirt I wear for exercise bicycling, which was becoming a little ripe

Good to know I'm working up enough of a sweat for the odoriferous bacteria to have something to work with

Comment

Went for a walk in the unbearable heat.

Strewth it's warm out there in the sun. :sweat:

Went all the way to the res, passing through the cemetery on the way up to inspect the dreadful sight of the parents' grave, increasingly covered with equisetum, this being just about the only thing that survives the weedkiller they use up there.

Came back down & visited the grandparents' graves, one of which looks ok the other of which has pebbles on it, put there by we know not who.

The yobs are out in force around the res so I didn't bother going into the grounds.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Realised that I had a balance of almost £140 on my PAYG mobile (I've always refused to have a mobile phone contract). I'd set up an automatic top-up of £20/month ages ago, but the PAYG tariff I use is only £15/month. So it's been going up by about £5/month, and every few months they do some kind of cashback (well, creditback) thing which adds more

So I've cancelled the auto top-up. They don't do refunds, but the balance should see me right for nine months or so

Comment

Working...
                      X