• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Lurgy feels a fair bit better today, by the way

Though I haven't really done anything other than drink coffee yet, so maybe that will change
    They put caffeine in cold remedies so maybe that's what is working.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Shopping done

I only needed a few things. Well, that's what I told myself going in. Now I have no freezer space, no fridge space, no cupboard space, and no money

And I forgot to record carrying it all in from the car in one go as a workout, even though one of those gym-going types would look at that kind of weight and advise me to spend six months building up to it

As I was carting it all away from the car, I glanced back and saw one of the neighbourhood black cats come over the fence, across the car roof, and settle itself down on the bonnet. It's clearly worked out that newly-parked cars have warmth radiating from them

Still mostly cloudy with the occasional wan sunlight breaking through for a few moments

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I haven't used any, apart from a couple of paracetamol on Wednesday. Maybe the caffeine is all that's really needed

Comment

It seems the rain stopped a while ago as the ground is now mostly dry. There is blue sky and fluffy clouds. The forecast said that wouldn't happen until closer to 7 or 8pm.

Comment

not like the good old days:
            Chlorodyne:
            As its principal ingredients were a mixture of laudanum (an alcoholic solution of opium), tincture of cannabis, and chloroform, it readily lived up to its claims of relieving pain, as a sedative, and for the treatment of diarrhea.

Comment

In a creative approach to the possibility of idiots panic-buying all the toilet roll again, Sainsbury's have moved it all to one of the remotest corners of the store. Took me over five minutes to track it down, and I only achieved that by spotting people who had it in their trolleys and going the opposite way to them until I found the source.

Crucially, they've left the sign over the aisle where it's always been up till now, and moved the kitchen roll there instead as a decoy. At one point they had me wondering if it had all gone, and we were just expected to use Plenty until the crisis has passed

Comment

My printer has broken!

The rare time I need to actually put something on paper. A part has snapped off a plastic paper guide. Just £11 to replace, so that's ok, but now it means I have to enter the post office to drop off paperwork back to my accountant as I can't print the postage I bought online.

Vexingly, they don't do postage labels that are compatible with my Dymo label printer. I miss the days of the app they used to have that would print to that.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  In a creative approach to the possibility of idiots panic-buying all the toilet roll again, Sainsbury's have moved it all to one of the remotest corners of the store. Took me over five minutes to track it down, and I only achieved that by spotting people who had it in their trolleys and going the opposite way to them until I found the source.

Crucially, they've left the sign over the aisle where it's always been up till now, and moved the kitchen roll there instead as a decoy. At one point they had me wondering if it had all gone, and we were just expected to use Plenty until the crisis has passed

I've always had extra in. Thanks to my mum my silbling and I all have the bad habit of bulk buying stuff.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lunch: a couple of raspberry jam doughnuts, which presumably count as one of my five-a-day

Comment

I've always had extra in. Thanks to my mum my silbling and I all have the bad habit of bulk buying stuff.
                      I was in two minds about whether to get any as I had enough in for now, but once I'd found it and realised there was plenty there, I got some anyway just to get me back to the usual level of reserves I keep in stock.

Comment

Working...
                      X