• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pea & mint soup + toast.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Are you still measuring your oxygen levels? Or now you've got an idea of your baseline you no longer need to check daily?

Can't find any oximeters now - well not for a reasonable price - and Amazon seems full of dodgy Chinese knock offs.
      That was the problem I had, the recommended ones were out of stock, and I didn’t particularly want a Chinese one complete with freebie

Found this U.K. one
      4 in 1 Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor with PR (Pulse Rate), Sleep Monitoring and PI(Perfusion Index): Amazon.co.uk: Luggage

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
        That was the problem I had, the recommended ones were out of stock, and I didn’t particularly want a Chinese one complete with freebie

Found this U.K. one
        4 in 1 Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor with PR (Pulse Rate), Sleep Monitoring and PI(Perfusion Index): Amazon.co.uk: Luggage
        Maybe the seller has changed - it's showing as them being based in Guang Dong with only a 57% positive rating

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I notice the oximeter and pop it on out of idle curiosity as and when. Holding steady at 98-99%

Might be worth looking in small local pharmacies, should you have any in your neck of the woods?
          Yes, I looked at a number of online UK pharmacies but none available. Next option is to go outside...

Comment

Looking in the mirror, I see I’m at the point where I’d normally start vaguely thinking of going for a haircut at some point, maybe next week or the week after, should I get around to it

Ah well, I had long hair for many years, so at least I’ve been there before

Comment

Looking in the mirror, I see I’m at the point where I’d normally start vaguely thinking of going for a haircut at some point, maybe next week or the week after, should I get around to it

mr Braun is your friend, or babyliss.
              6mm all over (head) for me.
              haven't been in a barber's for yonks

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                If MS wants a quarter-pounder with cheese for breakfast then make it for her!
                Not seen a photo of mudskipper but she can't fail to be an upgrade on the enemy, unless she's a scouser.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Not seen a photo of mudskipper but she can't fail to be an upgrade on the enemy, unless she's a scouser.
                  I've met her a couple of times, she looks exactly like you'd expect someone with a borderline Maccy D problem to look like
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    I've met her a couple of times, she looks exactly like you'd expect someone with a borderline Maccy D problem to look like
                    That's either brave or you're a virgin.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Tea: what little remained of the roast lamb with carrots & onions to make it a little more inneresting , custard with stewed gooseberries and apple, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Now contemplating whether to read "The Micro Revolution" or "The Micro revolution Revisited" by Peter Large.

The first is a 1980 paperback which is falling to pieces, whereas the 2nd is a 1985 softback which has white paper and isn't foxed to death.

I find it increasingly irritating and even contemplated various machines for sale in Tesco and Morrisons.

However it hasn't quite reached those levels of desperation yet.

The silvery grey bits are becoming ever more obvious.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 May 2020, 17:36.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X