• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all!

Daily Report
    ########

Location - WFH

Weather - Blue Sky, Sunny, Dew on the lawn

Parish Notes - Wife woke me at ~03:00 by elbowing me in the nose! She's getting good, made it look like an accident! Thankfully I'm not a bleeder! Off to Llandudno this afternoon to drop a key to my Mother's place with a company to assess the house for damp and to give me a quote for any repair work. Is anyone else sick of webex and skype meetings? I just want to get the work done, I don't want to talk to people!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

morning

CBS in shiny sarf harts
      wednesday
      not awake.
      TEA!
      bring TEA!
      meh

Comment

Finally, Surrey Heath BC is redoing the tarmac in our road. More potholes than the moon. £290 per month is finally being used where I can see a definite benefit...

No doubt the (deputising) Chief Executive wants a pay rise, just like the (full paid and suspended) encumbent got a bung from the "remuneration committee".
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all
          CBS, etc outside.

We're expecting Boris to be making the Covid press conference tonight or tomorrow. Failing that, he will be making a public statement on the media. It's going to be that (some) restrictions are being lifted this weekend.
          They were considering playing "Land of hope and glory", and references to how we beat the foreigners 75 years ago and we've beaten the foreign virus today may be made (or inferred). The statement will end with Boris saying "God save the Queen"
          Please note that this has absolutely nothing to do with the country passing 30,000 dead. Absolutely nothing at all. Anyone who says otherwise is disloyal and hates the UK.
          Certain advisers are working on the next few months of stories that will come out, they are hoping that the tabloids will quickly move away from NHS heroes and thousands of dead/ill to focus on the damage to the economy. Images will appear online of piles of PPE with captions claiming that they were found in several NHS hospitals but that the staff refused to wear them. The advisers are saying that this has been a failure as the NHS did not breakdown and the medical and scientific advisers should not be allowed to advise the government as they clearly have an unpatriotic agenda. The focus is going to be on why the NHS caused the country's economy to fail, every job loss will be traced by to the NHS, and references will start to be made about how "if it was run by private companies, there would have been far fewer deaths and the economy would have been far stronger."

But, please remember, this has nothing to do with deflecting from 30,000 deaths - a figure we'll pass in the next 2 days.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Good morning fine people

Gorgeous blue sky outside. Currently 7 degrees so I'm not planning on doing much more than looking out the window at present.

Considering the back to back meetings I have from 9 am to 2.30 pm, I won't have much opportunity to go out anyway.

First coffee being drunk.

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Wednesday by all accounts.

Someone shoot me now.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                That's better than the Sonos listening to you in the bedroom
                Thankfully the only listening Sonos is in the front room downstairs. The other three are traditional Sonos 1s. I can still get to what I want quicker via my Sonos phone app usually.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny day, clear blue sky, 10°C at the moment with “up to” 17° promised this afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Thankfully the only listening Sonos is in the front room downstairs. The other three are traditional Sonos 1s. I can still get to what I want quicker via my Sonos phone app usually.
                    I have just bought a refurbished Play:1 from Sonos to add to my collection. Delivery due tomorrow.

I REALLY do not want one of the new ones with voice control. I just don't see the point of them.

-- Edit --

Oh, and CBS. Just finishing off the last of the Bonne Maman (Blackberry) on granary with a black coffee*.

* Am I doing this right?

-- Edit --
                    Last edited by wattaj; 6 May 2020, 09:33. Reason: CBS update.
                    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Is it wrong to make a quarter pounder with cheese for breakfast? Asking for a friend.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X