• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a completely crap day.
    dank
    damp
    cold
    miserable

Dreich.

and i'm bored.
    and none of the usual entertainments seem to have any appeal.

meh

Comment

Evening all.

The next batch of chilli con carne is simmering away on the hob.

Having defrosted the mince, I then discovered a complete lack of red kidney beans so had to pop up to the post office to buy a tin or two.

Tea, this evening, is to be chilli con carne and rice.

I trust it will be nice.

To be followed in turn by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

After which it shall be BTVS S6 E7 & 8, being in turn "Once More With Feeling" (the musical ep, sing while slaying), and "Tabula Rasa" wherein they've all forgotten who the feck they are due to Willow's spell.

Interspersed with Angel S3 E7 & 8.

I expect the above to suitably amusing in a vampiric sort of way.

Apparently it's all an allegory for something or other which I'm not bright enough to understand, not having done Meeja Studies, like.

And very nice it was, though I was a bit heavy on the chili and paprika.

<wheeze> <sweat> <blows nose>
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 November 2019, 18:16.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Somebody tweeted about the list of one’s interests that Twitter’s algorithms generate (presumably for targeting advertising), so I went and had a look at mine.

Apparently one of my interests is “Amber Rudd”

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Somebody tweeted about the list of one’s interests that Twitter’s algorithms generate (presumably for targeting advertising), so I went and had a look at mine.

Apparently one of my interests is “Amber Rudd”
          Isn't she in the Green Party?

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              In the Chinese
              with amber rudd?

Comment

dinner was fish pie.
                and very nice it was too.
                with a nice rioja blanco

Comment

Contrary to earlier predictions viewing has stalled 5 minutes into "Tabula Rasa" so S6 E8 and S3 E8 will have to wait until tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Contrary to earlier predictions viewing has stalled 5 minutes into "Tabula Rasa" so S6 E8 and S3 E8 will have to wait until tomorrow.
                    Oh no, what happened?

I have been exceedingly hung over today.

HWMBO prepped things for Sunday's lunch while I festered in bed. Breakfast, which you could rightly argue was lunch due to the time I finally got out of bed, was more of the guinea fowl soup. We popped up to the High Street for no reason other than to get out and have a bit of fresh air.

This afternoon I ordered a soundbar from Richer Sounds to replace my very ancient DVD player that only gets used to provide audio. The purchase was caused by me replacing my TV PC in the Dell sale and it came with all the 'wrong' connectors : Usually I check things like inputs/outputs but appear to have had a blonde moment when I ordered it last week.

Dinner was yummy Thai from Addie's Thai on Earls Court Road. Left overs brought home for either supper tomorrow or I'll have it for lunch in the week.

Feeling less grim now

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Oh no, what happened?
                      Just had enough for a while that's all.

Nothing more than that.

I think I'll read some more of my book about Admiral Canaris.

He's just become head of the Abwehr.

Comment

Working...
                      X