• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'polyglutamic acid' and 'retainium peptides' are, apparently capable of reversing ageing effects on skin.
    more effective at removing funds from gullible eejits i suspect.
    tv ads amaze me, sometimes.
    are people really so stupid as to believe this pseudoscientific snake oil sh1te?
    500g of aqueous cream <mouisturiser> - <>2 quid
    15g of this sh1te <>25 quid.

same effect.

dear, oh dear

Comment

Family video conference completed. We are all ok and doing a lot better than some people so there is that to be thankful for.

New cupboard and a few other things in the Bathroom. Finally a loo roll holder!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tea has been steak & ale casserole, originally frozen back in January when we lived differently to now, with potato wedges and petits pois

There’s a nice big shiny moon looking in through the window

Comment

This evening's repast comprised bulgur wheat and chicken tagline. Followed by a fruit fool.

G&T then wine then Bailey's

Comment

I've realised that we don't listen to the Sonos in the bedroom much so I've sneaked it into the study/boxroom/mancave. Listening to some old school James albums this evening.

YouTube
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Managed three rounds of HIIT on the exercise bike today

Only about eleven minutes each round, the first five of which is warmup, so not a tremendous amount in reality. But I’m in fairly crap shape, and you have to start somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                I've realised that we don't listen to the Sonos in the bedroom much so I've sneaked it into the study/boxroom/mancave.[/url]
                That's better than the Sonos listening to you in the bedroom

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Entertainment: TBD.
                  Simon Schama's History of Britain:

E13 "Victoria & her sisters" being Victoria's reign,
                  E14 "The Empire of Good Intentions" being the joys of Empire,
                  E15 "The Two Winstons" being the story of WSC and Winston Smith, this last as told by Eric Blaire.

Entertaining enough, probably a good more so than Civilisation.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I was thinking that too.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 May 2020, 22:04.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    We have old Sonos that don’t listen to you.
                    Play 1 in the master bedroom
                    Play 1 in the office
                    Play 3 in the dining room
                    Playbar in the lounge
                    Play 5 in the sunroom (so it can fill the garden with sound when required)
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight’s literary entertainment was more of The Return of Sherlock Holmes

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X