• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Entertainment: the final 3 programmes in Alister Cooke's America.
    11: "The promise fullfilled the promise broken": The 1920s leading up to the Depression. Liked the Model T he was driving.

12: "Arsenal": like it says. Enough bombs to kill us all and enough mad people to fill an asylum. Some lovely bomb casings on display, and a fair few missile launches which triggered memories of "Terminator 3" for some odd reason.

13: "The More Abundant Life": 40 variations on the same tulipe breakfast cereal, 137 variations of icecream flavourings.

Actually it's paused at the moment due to the urge to vomit at the combinations of icecream requested.

<hiatus>

And that's that. The final programme was a bit meh, but there's a chunk of an interview he did for Pebble Mill at One (remember that?) which was rather inneresting and detailed how he became a journalist back in the 1930s.

I'd forgotten that his bones were stolen after his death.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 April 2020, 22:20.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Viewing whilst eating was Murder Trial on iPlayer, in which the BBC’s cameras were allowed into an actual court (a Scottish one) to film the trial in question, being of two people allegedly concerned in the disappearance of a woman. Real courts are a lot less dramatic than TV ones, even as edited highlights, but it’s interesting to see

Comment

And so the Bond Project, which it turns out started some time in 2016, comes to its conclusion with the (re)watching of Spectre (2015). Very good, though there are times before the excellent finale when one glances at the time, which doesn’t happen with Skyfall. But worth a watch

To follow that: yet another rewatch of Lola rennt (1998) because I love that film (in German, not dubbed into English) so why not

And finally the next episode, E6, of The Night Of: The Season of the Witch (TV Episode 2016). An ugly story with great cinematography

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          Low cloud and damp out (although all I’ve done so far is let the guineafowl ramp down and chuck some food at them)
          Might go put some clothes on soon then take The Dog (tw) out for a walk
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Weather - cloudy, bit of moisture in the air, 6 degrees

Breakfast - not yet had it

Linner - Pizza
            Married

Comment

Discovered a way to read Daily Telegraph premium articles for free, just have a slow internet/browser. For some reason Chrome is acting up again and I can read the full article before the subscribe panel pops up.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Damp.

Grey.

Sunless.

White sky.

Gosh it's been a while since that was true.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Discovered a way to read Daily Telegraph premium articles for free, just have a slow internet/browser. For some reason Chrome is acting up again and I can read the full article before the subscribe panel pops up.

What a cunning workaround

Comment

Hallo peeps

Overcast. Damp feel. 9 degrees.

First coffee drunk, last M&S pistachio and almond cookie eaten (I bought another packet yesterday so I'll be ok!).

Bed stripped, a day early, and the first load is in the WM. This comprises pillow cases, pillow covers and the fitted undersheet.

Comment

Just had the first scam call for nearly a month.

An "Amazon" robot apparently.

Comment

Working...
                      X