• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by covbob View Post
    Although equally I could pour another sherry and sit here feeling mellow.
    Is mellow your mistress?

Comment

MrsBP says eta for lunch is 13:30.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        MrsBP says eta for lunch is 13:30.
        Thanks for the heads up. I'll have her back by then.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Just to counteract my earlier Christmas wishes - a bit Bah Humbug to DrStrangelove. We wouldn't want you to have too good a day after all.

How many days until you can be back in with the hoi polloi?
          7.5 days.

Well that was a nice long walk.

Up to tonna lock, down to town, up through the memorial gates, up through the Gnoll grounds avoiding the oiks, onward & upward along the leat to the res, then up the road to Parsons' Folly, finally stopping to take photos of the numerous windmills visible from the cattle grid underneath the electricity pylons.

Glorious view of the valley, boyo, there's tidy then, glistening in the sun once the fog had burned off.

Then back down the hill.

In a fit of insanity I decided to try what used to be a path, there being signs that others had progressed that way.

Which led to me falling arse over tit when I caught my foot in a fecking bramble.

Since it's a semibog there was little damage other than to my dignity.

Once I'd recovered my watch which had fallen out of my shirt pocket, it was onwards and downwards once again.

Lunch was poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust).

And during all this time no one wished any form of season's greetings.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

There's really only one answer after teasing us like that...
            I suspect they're puns on classics, with titles like "yellow snow, yellow, yellow snow" and "chipmucks roasting on an open fire". I expect about 10% will be genuinely funny

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Trip to Toolstation to get a hydraulic accumulator that's designed to stop water hammer, which is a problem with both washing machines.
              Which, as it happens, didn't do the job for very long before going solid.

Shall have to get a different, larger, one from Screwfix when & if I ever get a round tuit.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Which, as it happens, didn't do the job for very long before going solid.

Shall have to get a different, larger, one from Screwfix when & if I ever get a round tuit.
                Is the water pressure very high? Any chance of reducing it?

Comment

Dunno. I've never measured it.

Comment

Now watching that 6 Underground fillum on Netflix. It's not had great reviews, can see why. It's somewhat self indulgent and I can't discern much plot. It could be that it's not holding my interest enough for me to have picked it up. Pretty much Ryan Reynolds being Ryan Reynolds.

Comment

Nice dinner for lunch; I won’t bother detailing the ingredients as you can probably guess

Comment

Working...
                      X