• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Funny rock might be fossil coral:

identification request - Rock ID: dark grey, white spots going through from Brecon Beacons, Wales, UK - Earth Science Stack Exchange
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch has been the remainder of the reduced-to-clear M&S pâté. It was nice, though I think three days of it has been quite enough

I’m now left with a square ceramic dish, or tray, that it came in. I daresay I’ll find a use for it.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Google did that years ago on their maps.

Search for London, choose Transit from the menu.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Millie has done that for me.
              Your mistress. The one you claim is the dog. I am sure there is a pun there somewhere.....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I’m now left with a square ceramic dish, or tray, that it came in. I daresay I’ll find a use for it.
                Soup storage?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Inline skate wheels arrived, I'd already disassembled one side to get the old wheel out. Took about 15 minutes to fit the new one there, take off the other side and replace that wheel. I now have a wheeled carry on case that runs far smoother than it ever has (due to having bearings now), and it only cost about £12 for the wheels.
                  I was hoping for a moment they were for your roller skates! Now that would be funny....

Comment

Friday afternoon and I'm about to go on a call about B.

Just seen the "Slide Deck" where they've put a line through one date, then added a new one.
                    Best case scenario is a 7 month project for one part of the business, project costs currently undisclosed, but they've already worked out the ongoing cost. (+50%)

I'm on the call to help them choose one of the three possible solutions, which depend on certain UK Govt decisions. Currently all three solutions are illegal.
                    There'll need to be changes in various laws to make at least one of them legal. The fourth solution would mean I'd be looking for a new role (as would all their UK staff)

Just the kind of fun I need on a Friday afternoon.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Technically not working but ad hoc email checking cos I'm nice.

Went shopping to Waitrose with HWMBO to pick up provisions. Then picked up HWMBO's kids from his ex. Then went out for lunch to 111 by Nico. Now sleepy following half a bottle of wine with lunch.

HWMBO and kids are yelling their way through an already very high volume Strictly Come Dancing final.

I may go for a lie down. I forgot none of them have indoor voices

Comment

Working...
                      X