• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by covbob View Post
    Can sympathise. My degree went completely down the pan once we got the internet in our house...
    I remember when Netscape Navigator was new and shiny. Though I was only using the internet at uni....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I remember seeing adverts for something called "The Science of Cambridge MK 14" in Wireless World at the bargain price of £39.99 or some such.

Apparently one could control a nuclear power station with it if sufficiently clever.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, with white fluffiness scattered hither and yon in the firmament

Turning chilly again though; down to 8°C, barometers on 986/993mB, and a 30% chance of snow tonight

Comment

The forecast rain has been and seems to have gone as planned.

Comment

I'm listening to the radio and they are talking about the snowman story I posted in general.

I got the original story of their radio news yesterday.

Comment

A 7 year old girl pointed out that all the little boy and his mum had to do is repair the snowman with 3 more snow balls.

Comment

Jumpers folded up and put away; mundane laundry on (quick wash)

Comment

Hemming and hawing over whether to go to Sainsbury's. I could get rid of a bunch of bags in the Oxfam recycling thing, but in terms of shopping there isn't really a huge amount I need. Thinking I might be better staying local and going to Iceland or the Co-op

Comment

Lunch: duck and barley soup with wholemeal bread

And the mundane laundry was done at the same time as the soup was ready, so had to wait; but now it's draped over the clotheshorse in front of the fire (for want of any radiators yet)

And finally, the 5l of carpet cleaning solution I ordered from Amazon (it being spoken highly of in reviews and considerably cheaper than the Vax-branded stuff) is only a few stops away; the van is within a couple of hundred yards, but the one-way system of the terraced streets over the road will probably delay it slightly

(It couldn't be delivered to the Locker for spurious reasons.)

Comment

Why I was busy actually trying to work some tree surgeons turned up.

Instead of telling us all to move our cars before hand they started removing a tree near it.

Luckily my car is furthest from the tree. However I have 3 annoyed neighbours. There are no signs saying they were going to remove the bloody tree.

Comment

Working...
                      X