• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain's arrived, by the way. I wouldn't describe it as "heavy", which was the Met Office's prognostication; but it's steady, and definitely rain not drizzle

Still mild at 10°C though. I daresay it'll all get worse before it gets better

Comment

So your philosophy is to avoid thinking about stuff.

How does that make you feel? <in Sigmund Freud mode>

It was hammering down earlier re the rain.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

How does that make you feel about your mother? <in Sigmund Freud mode>

FTFY
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

How does that make you feel? <in Sigmund Freud mode>

I avoid thinking about boring things like careers as they're just a social construct anyway

Comment

It's been raining most of the evening here. Persistent but not too heavy. It always sounds worse because of the noise it makes against the cover over my patio bench.

Watched The Repair Shop and then listened to an episode of The Life Scientific.

Got the munchies and sated them with crunchy nut cornflakes.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I did 5 years in accounts. I went that way because people will always need accountants but boy was it dull!

Can't say I find my current day job all that riveting but at least there isn't the same repetitive thing going on all day every day.
              I served 16 years. 5 years Articles, 2 years extra in Firm, 9 years in Commerce.
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                I served 16 years. 5 years Articles, 2 years extra in Firm, 9 years in Commerce.
                I doff my cap to your staying power!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  FTFY
                  I'm not daft, the monkey might be tooled up.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's viewing was a rewatch of The Equalizer (2014). All good clean fun

I noticed this time that the credits included "Hairdresser to Mr. Washington". That would be the Mr. Washington who has a completely shaven head throughout the movie, would it? Still, saves him trying to get to those hard-to-reach bits round the back, I suppose

Rain seems to have stopped now

Goodnight all

Comment

It's Friday, I'm in Love...
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X