• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all.

Wet.

Windy.

Warm at 17.3 deg in here.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dreadful.

994 mBar, 29.35 inHg, and 54% RH.

Friday.

Awake at about 06:00 which is a slight improvement on 05:00.

Irritating mofo presenting on Today.

Smalls in the WM.

<hiatus>

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

<hiatus>

Walk walked, mostly dry, though the drizzle returned unbidden in the last quarter of a mile.

Smalls out of the TD.

Shirts in the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Shirts out of the TD and roughly ironed & hung up to air on the picture rail in the bedroom.

Cottons out of the WM.

Cottons in the TD.

And breathe.

<hiatus>

Listened to a podcast of The Infinite Monkey Cage & fell asleep in the chair.

Cottons out of the TD.

Washing done for this week.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (non crust), 2 x blackcurrant jam bramble jelly sandwiches on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Once the dishes are done, it's time for more tinsheddery, fitting that flu tube and firkling about with the wiring, all Part P compliant of course.

Red & Black is Part P innit?

Stolen Borrowed flu tube installed using some 2nd hand 1mm^2 twin & earth and a second hand light switch bequeathed by Strangelove Pater in his collection of useless junk, some of which isn't useless.

Then discovered that the bulb had gone in one of the 100w spotlights and had a merry time replacing it.

Took 3 or 4 attempts at getting the fecker in there and working after checking the fuse and continuity from the plug to contacts in the lamp holder.

Then to round off the afternoon's excitement I stole borrowed the other flu tube from next door's shed before it totally fills with water & gets ruined.

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: A thing about the Quakers on PBS.

(Followed by a thing about a chap who lived with monkeys for 50 years at 20:35 which might be of innerest to someg).

Susan Calman's Grand Day Out: Cotswolds.

Finally found out what the campervan is: A 1999 Romahome Daihatsu Hijet.

So there.

Next up was NCIS S6 E17 "South by Southwest", the one with Mira Furlan in it, and Lance Henriksen, set in Arizona, actually filmed in Vasquez Rocks & environs, just like everything else.

Now "SWAT" S1 E1.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 January 2021, 22:37.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I hate mods.

Come back BR14. I miss you.....

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        The only mod who posted here hasn't been seen for a goodly while so you're safe.

How are you banned if you're not banned?
        I am banned. Think of the scene in the Italian Job where Charlie breaks in to see Mr Bridger.

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I suspect because NAT did it and NAT's two achievements in live on here are:

i) Being unable to ban some users even when he tries to
        ii) Banning himself.
        +1

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
          Teams, from an external vendor
          10 Millenium!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I got into IT because I had a degree in philosophy, but while I was wasting my time on that microcomputers had started turning from a niche hobby to quite a popular thing, and I already enjoyed programming so it saved me the trouble of thinking about what to do
            +1 but it's worse - the internet arrived
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning all

It's wanly sunny out and dry. Just a few patches of damp from the overnight rain. Currently 9 degrees and should get up to 11 later. Rain expected mid-morning and then the sun is supposed to come back out. Barometer down to 996 mBar.

It's Friday

I don't think I've ever been so pleased to see the end of a week. I have a horrible day today with most of it booked out for really long back to back meetings. At least I'm not doing them with the headache I had yesterday.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              Former England captain, David Beckham, launches his 'Major League Soccer' team in Miami 2018

Comment

Spent 10-15 minutes after my first meeting to clean the oven door. It now looks respectable!

Comment

I sort of fell into IT by default. I'd been around computers since my Dad bought an Amstrad 1512 in the 80s and I watched him set it up. Eventually I dropped out of university but not before I'd learned enough about Linux to get a machine up with working X before autodetect was really a thing. Now I marvel at the fact that it just installs...

Anyway, between some of that knowledge and some contacts I'd made at the uni, I landed a job testing railway ticket machines, then a job on the Uni helpdesk walk-in counter, and finally managed a move into the Network Team when two of their technicians moved on. Luckily I loved networks and have never looked back...

Comment

No quite CBS here - mix of high level cloud and clear sky, but definitely an improvement on some recent mornings. It's pleasant to have the curtains open.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      +1 but it's worse - the internet arrived
                      Can sympathise. My degree went completely down the pan once we got the internet in our house...

Comment

Working...
                      X