• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    One has just realised that one of this evening's eps is "Dopplegangland", this being another of my favourites.

I trust it will hold up to scrutiny a bit better than "Band Candy" did a couple of days ago.
    And indeed it did.

Very funny, laugh out loud funny in fact.

Now wataching the commentary on "Helpless" S3 E12.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Somebody appears to have taken a sledgehammer or similar to Ladbroke’s glass (or maybe plastic) door
    That seems to happen a lot around here too, though it doesn't have to be a Ladbroke's, any random door or window, vacant or occupied, will do.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 October 2019, 20:57.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Dashed chilly out, BTW, at 6°C

I found this out after setting off to the Chinese without a jumper. I’ll try to remember to check the temperature before I go out in future.

Comment

The hour that was stolen from us in the spring has finally been returned

As I lacked the imagination to think of anything else to watch, tonight’s viewing was a straightforward rewatch of Mission: Impossible III (2006) and Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011). All good clean fun

And now, a comparatively early night due to us being back in real time rather than the fake government-controlled time that has plagued us for the last few months

Goodnight all

Comment

Friend I used to work with just been in touch. He is looking for a BA. 60% Zurich, 40% London. Shame I will have to turn it down. Nice to be thought of.

Comment

I will miss the rugby as I will take baby bp to Crocky Trail near Chester.

I am not bothered who wins.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny.

Dry.

No current precipitation.

Much colder.

Frost on cars.

Condensation++ on inside of bedroom window.

Wiping this off revealed that I hadn't cleaned the inside of the window for A Long Time judging by the colour of the water that came out of the sponge.

About as black as my heart, really.

Surrounded by clocks showing Ye Proper Tyme, now begins the hunt for all the non self correcting clocks in PCs (not many since all the cells are flat), VCRs (many), and wake up you lazy bastard timers in the bedroom which serve to wake me from my slumbers.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 October 2019, 08:54.

Comment

<looks carefully. yes, tpd, check>

morning all

CBS and very KB in sunny, shivery sarf herts.

the campaign seems to be over.

it's VoL day.

the lurgy has capitulated.

Comment

Sunday lunch is in the oven: this week's special is chicken breasts with cumberland sausages (to give them some flavour ) which worked out rather more expensive than buying a whole chicken despite both items being Morrisons, reduced.

Now warming a pair of shoes and my walking boots with a fan heater so the wax soaks into the leather.

I keep this place unheated so that such things are necessary.

Comment

Chilly but sunny down in St Leonard's on Sea. Sea itself was lovely and calm, a marked difference from the crashing waves and winds of yesterday evening.

Travelling back to that London, hoping I don't get fined for being on a service an hour earlier than the one I bought a ticket for. Can I blame it on the clock change?

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out

Not very warm though: 9°C - no, wait, it seems to have gone up to 10° in the last couple of minutes.

Comment

Working...
                      X