• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^<spoiler> It doesn't end well </spoiler>

Morning.

Wet.

Grey.

Miserable.

21.9 deg in here.

1004 mBar.

Telex machine positively shining.

Monday.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
      A bit more rain overnight, but pleasant out now - at least it's not as humid as it has been. Currently 18C out there.

Redecorating the 3rd bedroom has continued to the point that we have run out of paint. More has been ordered.
      In an effort to get neighbour's tongues wagging, we've said that we're decorating the nursery.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

When I looked out earlier, it was bright with some cloud and patches of blue. Currently 19 degrees, forecast high of 22. There's an 80% chance of rain from lunchtime onwards and maybe thunderstorms too. Barometer down to 1008 mBar.

Second coffee has been drunk and a banana has been eaten.

Tired this morning so am doing mandatory training until my meetings start.

Comment

Morning all

Monday according to DrS's telex updates. I'd have no clue otherwise.

Torrential rain overnight with the requisite sound and light show to accompany.

Grey and damp this morning with a hint of mist in the air.

2nd coffee being consumed.

Email from Client Co. this morning advising their EU/EEA staff that they need to get on with applying for settled status if they want to stay in the UK. Oddly enough it was sent from the ROI arm of the business, whose employees won't need to worry about such matters.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Just been for a walk down the garden since it's currently not raining.

Very wet.

New grass getting Very Long.

Apart from the marking out strips where The Weeds are getting Well Established. .

The black cat told me how sad he is, how everyone hates him, how I'm the only person who feeds him, and that it's a cruel world.

I take all this with a pinch of salt.

The Leg has been complaining, so I've taken to walking up and down stairs every half hour or so.

At this rate it'll be complaining for ever.

I was struck yesterday by how missing one day's trek to the res had made things apparently much more difficult.

Can't work that one out at all.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

teaming down here

Comment

Morning denizens

Generally overcast here, but with the odd gap through which rather wan sunshine makes its way from time to time

Chance of thunderstorms this afternoon, though they keep saying that and it doesn't happen

Comment

rain has stopped

Comment

Afternoon all
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Friend from blighty left this morning. Was odd trying to do social distancing in the house. She also made sure to get tested before she came over which was reassuring.

Nice to see someone other than random neighbours and Mr N.

BBQ yesterday cooked some ribs and chicken wings also made a Chipotle Slaw and a smoked potato salad (recipe coming soon).

Leftovers for lunch and tea today though might make myself some refried beans and add the rest of the BBQ ribs into it.
                      Mr N hates beans, so more for me.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X