• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ham, pea and lentil soup with wholemeal bread for lunch; just the thing for a chilly (currently 14°C) damp day

Comment

I didn't think the forecast rain had appeared but a quick shifty out the window shows that the ground is moist. No active precipitation at present.

Comment

And now it's proper raining.

Comment

Still raining steadily

Mundane laundry is on

And a couple of chocolate digestives to mark the occasion

Comment

Heavy rain here

Feedback from the EA over the first two viewings:
            First one: Thinks they are doubtful as the house has several steps between rooms on the ground floor and she did not seem overly steady on her feet.
            Second one: Liked the house but seemed to think there was not much else for them to do to it. They were looking for a project they could stamp their mark on.

Neither said no yet, so the EA might not be right.

Two more viewings tomorrow, who knows what will happen then!
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

To some people stamping their mark means doing a bit of redecorating.

Thunder! I didn't see that on the forecast this morning.

Either that or someone is moving a really big piano.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                To some people stamping their mark means doing a bit of redecorating.

There's thunder in the air. Millie is trembling at my feet.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Following the early afternoon's Freecell (don't fecking ask), the skies cleared, blue sky, fluffy white clouds, warm, so I went for a walk.

The blocked culvert up the road is indeed spewing water & pine needles from under the tarmac.

The other blocked culvert half a mile up the hill was spewing water across the road that travels all the way down the hill like a little river to enter said culvert & fill it with even more pine needles.

Turned out the funny antenna on a chap's house was, as expected, an internet thingie.

He's ever so pleased that BT are installing fibre.

Pointed out the position of the swarm of bees that's been in a tree since Monday, so the other chap who keeps bees can rescue them.

The res was as full as an egg with the spillway roaring away.

The leat was overtopped in several places, making jumping necessary twice.

Got home.

Had shower.

Returned to Freecell: don't fecking ask.

Tea: chilli con carne and rice, stewed pears and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The evening's Freecell: don't fecking ask.

Oh, and it's pissing with rain again just to make everything super wonderful.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I saw something from the Met Office earlier about thunderstorms developing along the south coast. They must have moved inland

The rain's on a hiatus here at the moment, with just some odd showers predicted until it starts up again in earnest tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

And the mundane laundry was successfully completed

Comment

Working...
                      X