• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's rather warm out there, and even warmer in the various sheds and garage so I've given up rather earlier today.

Quite why Strangelove Pater acquired so many cold chisels is currently rather beyond my ken.

There must be more than a dozen or so.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Gone very grey out and the temperature is plummeting - down to 17°C out there now

Comment

Lunch (which was several hours ago now but I forgot to mention at the time) was cheese and ham toasty made for me by HWMBO.

Discovered that the consultancy I'm working with sent everyone an afternoon tea that was delivered today. They didn't know I'm in Scotlandshire so my caretaker got the benefit of that gift.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Lunch (which was several hours ago now but I forgot to mention at the time) was cheese and ham toasty made for me by HWMBO.

Discovered that the consultancy I'm working with sent everyone an afternoon tea that was delivered today. They didn't know I'm in Scotlandshire so my caretaker got the benefit of that gift.
          Nice gift there - shame you couldn't get it.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Tea: the last of the roast lamb with carrots & onions, nearly boiled it dry, stewed pears and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea, half of which nearly got poured down the sink before I realised.

Entertainment: "Aliens (1986)" with that Sigourney Weaver and that Kyle Reese.

War Factories (Colt) on Yesterday at 20:00.

Some thing about walking Roman Roads on 5+1 at 21:00.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Gone very grey out and the temperature is plummeting - down to 17°C out there now
              And it seems the heat had not yet seeped into the very fabric of the building, as it's down to 20°C in here now (14° outside)

Maybe I shouldn't have left the windows wide open, but I was at my desk at the back end of the room and it's warmer there than over here by the window

Meanwhile, an ambulance has turned up and is parked outside the house the other side of the doctor's

Comment

Dinner was another lamb steak with chips and peas, and more mint from the garden.
                and more Chablis from the bottle.
                ents is Lewis (apart from the brickbats i've chucked in the general direction of General, specifically )

it's all fun and games untill someone loses an eye, as a scottish author named a book, once

happy humpday peeps.

Last edited by BR14; 16 September 2020, 19:30.

Comment

It had turned chilly out when I took a load of stuff to the car earlier.

Then I watched TdF while HWMBO slaved away in the kitchen.

He came in for a sit down after doing all his dinner prep and offered me a G&T or other cocktail. Being a nice GF, I offered to make a cocktail for him.

After a while of going through a cocktail book asking, "got this?", "got that?", I finally settled on one.

I couldn't then find something on a shelf that was right in front of me (didn't even have the "it's behind something" excuse).

The glasses I needed were in a high cupboard that required me getting some steps out.

I grabbed a glass, wobbled, the glass flew out of my hands and landed in a frying pan with a big shard landing on top of some potatoes that had been prepped earlier. I swore.

I gathered up the big shards and, as HWMBO had come in to see what I'd done to his kitchen, handed him the potatoes and advised him to check for glass shards.

The frying pan and another saucepan needed rinsing to clear them of glass. The floor needed a sweeping to make sure no stray shards remained.

The glass has chipped the frying pan.

A replacement glass was sourced and I then made what turned out to be a reasonable cocktail.

I don't think I'll be allowed back in the kitchen.

At least it's not as bad as the time I smashed a set of six plates that belonged to his ex-wife....

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    It had turned chilly out when I took a load of stuff to the car earlier.

Then I watched TdF while HWMBO slaved away in the kitchen.

He came in for a sit down after doing all his dinner prep and offered me a G&T or other cocktail. Being a nice GF, I offered to make a cocktail for him.

After a while of going through a cocktail book asking, "got this?", "got that?", I finally settled on one.

I couldn't then find something on a shelf that was right in front of me (didn't even have the "it's behind something" excuse).

The glasses I needed were in a high cupboard that required me getting some steps out.

I grabbed a glass, wobbled, the glass flew out of my hands and landed in a frying pan with a big shard landing on top of some potatoes that had been prepped earlier. I swore.

I gathered up the big shards and, as HWMBO had come in to see what I'd done to his kitchen, handed him the potatoes and advised him to check for glass shards.

The frying pan and another saucepan needed rinsing to clear them of glass. The floor needed a sweeping to make sure no stray shards remained.

The glass has chipped the frying pan.

A replacement glass was sourced and I then made what turned out to be a reasonable cocktail.

I don't think I'll be allowed back in the kitchen.

At least it's not as bad as the time I smashed a set of six plates that belonged to his ex-wife....
                    Maybe next time you should just supervise while he does all the actual work

Comment

Ents, while being tortured by the delicious smells coming from the kitchen, is something on iPlayer - Britain's Biggest Dig, about what's been found under St James' Gardens (a former cemetery) as part of the HS2 excavations

Comment

Working...
                      X