• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Xmas?

Bah! Humbug!

Thankfully won't be celebrating it again this year.
    Now wondering what the coronavirus situation will be come December. If we're still locked down, it would be the first Christmas ever I've not spent with the rest of the family. I used to consider it a bit of a pain TBH, but in recent years I've started to quite enjoy it

I suspect the change is because since I finally learned to drive, I've been able to get home again on Boxing Day rather than having to wait until the next day for a train. And if my brother is able to give me a lift, we travel down there on Christmas morning. In other words, it's quite nice, but only as long as there's not too much of it

Speaking of rampant disease, the city council left a thing saying they tried to deliver home testing kits but nobody was home. I suspect it was just that nobody felt like going to the door on a Sunday; I certainly haven't heard a ring or a knock, so they probably came in the morning before anybody was up

This is part of the council's attempt to make up for the government's utter uselessness by doing their own test and trace programme instead. The leaflet said something about being able to order a kit online, so I might do that just for the fun of having something to stick up my nose

Comment

No sign of BR14 returning, though his ban should have expired a while ago

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        No sign of BR14 returning, though his ban should have expired a while ago
        Sad times. And I doubt BP will be back either.

Comment

It's been a pleasant afternoon here. There was a very light shower but the sun has been out. No sign of the forecast thunderstorms.

The towels have been draped over the airer thingummy and all the other laundry is put away.

For dinner HWMBO is cooking the Wagu steak with a mushroom sauce, chips cooked in the Wagu fat and a slaw of some description.

Comment

Yays! Thunder

Comment

Entertainment: F & F Hobbs & Shaw.
              Amusing enough but I found it strangely loooong, unlike "Angel has Fallen" which wasn't.

However it was stellar compared with the absolute nadir of Starsky & Hutch.

Now watching some nonsense on PBS about the rise of the mammals

I take it as read that NF has experienced no donner und blitzen today.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea tonight has been a roast Big Chicken dinner, and quite exceptionally nice it was

Whilst eating I was watching Prof. Lipscomb finish off the Georgian home's perils and move on to those of the postwar home. The very first one was… the chemistry set!

And the example set she had was, I think, from the same manufacturer as the one my older brother had, which ultimately got handed down to me and mixed up with my slightly more modern Thomas Salter one; certainly the labels on the tubes of chemicals seemed to be the same colour, typography, and so on. And ours also had the asbestos sheet on which to heat things that, I noticed, the TV folk left safely tucked away in its packet. (Though I wouldn't be surprised if the actual sheet had been disposed of, despite the set's status as a museum piece.)

Comment

I take it as read that NF has experienced no donner und blitzen today.
                  None at all, though we had several hours of rain which got quite torrential at times, and it's still spitting occasionally

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    And the example set she had was, I think, from the same manufacturer as the one my older brother had, which ultimately got handed down to me and mixed up with my slightly more modern Thomas Salter one; certainly the labels on the tubes of chemicals seemed to be the same colour, typography, and so on. And ours also had the asbestos sheet on which to heat things that, I noticed, the TV folk left safely tucked away in its packet. (Though I wouldn't be surprised if the actual sheet had been disposed of, despite the set's status as a museum piece.)
                    Ah! They showed some more closeups of the various bits of kit, and it's definitely the same set

Comment

After the excitement of seeing our old chemistry set, I didn't watch any more telly, instead continuing with my reading of Das Boot, in which they survived a terrible Arctic storm that lasted for several weeks, then found and attacked an Allied convoy

Not raining at the moment but it should be back tomorrow, possibly with sound effects and a light show

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X