• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You organise it?
    TBH some of us have been thinking we should wind it down to once a month anyway, so this might be just the excuse we needed

Comment

Tea: spag bol with extra zing in the spag plus extra onion and garlic (had to get up & look in the kitchen cupboard to remember "garlic". Worried now. ), orange segments and custard (which boiled over in the microwave since I was doing several things at once), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: defrosting the fridge, always entertaining.

Can't decide what to watch once that's done & all put back together again.

So much choice.

In other news, it's 22.5 deg in here & I'm sweathing like the proverbial.

Must be the garlic.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Raining here again.

Very dark for 1840 BST.

Bed linen was stripped and washed earlier. I will try to remember to make the bed before it gets too late.

Comment

The trivia, user reviews, and so on of the IMDb page for the New Zealand coronavirus briefings are quite amusing

1pm Daily Update (TV Series 2020– ) - IMDb

Comment

Nearly time to go to the Chinese…

Comment

Walk with loony lady 1 today, followed by coffee in pub gardens. This damn track and trace thing, now they take your name and phone number you can't walk off without paying.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                And very nice it was as always

Busier earlier, apparently; though still busy enough during my visit that Janet was helping in the kitchen

It started raining lightly as I went out the door. I thought I'd chance it without a coat and hope it didn't get any heavier, but then realised I'd forgotten my mask so had to come back in anyway

The shower only lasted five or ten minutes though.

Comment

Entertainment (continued): Starsky and Hutch (2004).

Starsky & Hutch (2004) - IMDb

There were a few laugh out loud moments but it didn't really do much other than occupy some time.

Not surprising since I don't rate either actor.

Vince Vaughn was quite funny.

And the pony scene really was very funny.

Fall off chair funny.

I have a nasty sense of humour.

And oddly enough, that scene is in the trailer.

I could have saved an hour and a half.

Fridge defrosted.

Lamp has failed.

Thought I had another, but can't find it, assuming it ever existed outwith my imagination.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 August 2020, 22:00.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

There was a notable shower earlier. Although, it does always sound more enthusiastic than it really is because of my bench cover.

Dinner was more gazpacho, a melon and halloumi salad, and roast poussin and roast potatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X