• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's come over all dark and a quick glance out the window reveals wet stuff on the patio. That'll be the rain then.

Comment

Snowing here.

Lunch was marmite on toast.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Got a bit cloudier here, but in a fluffy Simpsonesque way rather than a brooding rainy way, with a reasonable number of gaps

I thought I had a bunch more stuff to do so I could hold my head up at tomorrow morning's standup (though we don't bother turning our cameras on, so nobody could tell anyway) but it turns out I've already done it; the recent change just reuses some stuff. So I'm about where I should be, and am therefore knocking off for the day

Seriously considering going to Sainsbury's in a bit, as then I don't have to go tomorrow. But I might go for a walk first. Or I might not. Haven't decided really

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Seriously considering going to Sainsbury's in a bit, as then I don't have to go tomorrow. But I might go for a walk first. Or I might not. Haven't decided really
          I decided to go to Sainsbury's first, but the back gate has been locked again, and my trick of turning the key the other way didn't work. So I gave up and went for a walk instead

Upon returning, I went and had another go, but still no joy. And then I realised: a car that wasn't there previously has returned, so that chap must have opened the gate and locked it again

This suggests that maybe the council have actually changed the lock this time, but neglected to inform all existing keyholders. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they've made some rash assumption like all non-landlord keyholders from before a certain time - say, five years ago - will have moved on now. Anyway, tomorrow I'll get in touch with the landlord chap and see if he knows what's going on, and if there's no joy from him, I'll have to visit the chap on the side road who used to issue the keys and see if he knows anything. Otherwise, I'll just have to hang around out there waiting for someone with a key to show up and ask them WTF has happened

So until that's resolved, Sainsbury's will have to come to me

Comment

I went for a walk an hour ago with a friend. Just got back. Lovely evening. Broken clouds, pink sunset.

Dinner was:
            1. Soak dried green beans for at least 12 hours
            2. slice two large onions. (Pro tip - avoid the end of your thumb.)
            3. Put the green bean and onions in a large pan
            4. Add about 1kg of gammon
            5. Top up with water
            6. Add salt and pepper
            7. Heat for an hour - keeping the water temperature between 80 and 95
            8. After an hour, 60g of bulgar wheat per person, boiled in chicken stock for ten minutes, along with about 25g butter
            Eat.
            Also works with polenta and polenta with parmesan. Seems a bit bland but it really works well together. It's a traditional Swiss recipe.

I asked my boss about getting the self-study course for Eclipse IDE developmment from here: vogella.com. He agreed that he'd fund it. It seems I'm the only one the development team of four who ever uses the training budget (about £8K).

NickFitz You need an angle grinder.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Texted the landlord/manager chap, He phoned me back straight away; he's not heard anything, and he's pretty unhappy about the situation

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                NickFitz You need an angle grinder.
                Landlord chap's final comment was that somebody will smash the lock soon enough if whoever's changed it doesn't sort things out

Comment

Season 2 of Trucking Hell finished.

Not sure what to have for dinner.

I didn't end up going out again to post the birthday card so that'll be late

Comment

Sainsbury's order placed. They haven't got any delivery slots left tomorrow, so it's coming sometime on Saturday, early evening

Comment

FFS, another false alarm on the gate

Popped down and somebody has unlocked it (and left it wide open). I tried my key, and it turns it just fine to lock it, though I didn't turn it all the way as I probably couldn't unlock it again. I've put a sticker over the keyhole asking people not to lock it; I don't suppose that'll last long, though if it at least informs whoever's been locking it that they should desist, it'll help

Anyway, that means trundling is back on for this evening - unless they lock it again, of course

Comment

Working...
                      X