• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Apparently the rain will arrive soon; presumably when I head outside to go shopping
    And so it came to pass

A very, very light shower started as I reached the bottom of the back yard. I ignored it, and started checking the car's tyre pressures, concerning which I've been a bit remiss lately. They all needed a slight boost, so I started going round with the electric pump, whereupon the heavens opened

And as I didn't have a coat on, and I had to keep bending down to disconnect/move/connect the pump, I ended up pretty wet all over, but absolutely drenched on my back. In fact, the back of the shirt I was wearing is still damp, and I've driven to M&S and Sainsbury's and back since then.

Dry shirt on now, and shopping put away; so the bad weather has moved on and it's quite nice out there again

Comment

Naturally enough, since the kitchen window isn't there at the moment, waiting for the paint to dry, it's now pissing down with rain hissing on the fish as it cooks.

Ho very hum.

Washing done, with the things you stand on when getting out of the bath (bright orange, Lidl(tm)), my work shirt (pink, worn out, M&S) and the boiler suit (blue, Lidl(tm)) making up the last pass.

The amount of crap that exited the boiler suit was remarkable.

I really ought to wash the cords I'm wearing but I think I'll wait a while since they're not quite standing up on their own yet.

Rather glad I got much of the painting done this morning, considering how the weather has been since.

Banged my ankle on a piece of junk as I brought the last load in & nearly passed out.

Feck me, that hurt.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Raining again

Comment

This evening's first feature was "Liberty Stands Still" with Wesley Snipes and Linda Florentino.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0280870/

Odd dvd, no menu, put it in the machine & the film starts, no subtitles, and 2 channel audio (English).

It was ok.

The 2nd feature was "The Marksman" with Wesley Snipes and an assortment of unknowns in a straight to dvd epic shot in Romania.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457090/?ref_=nv_sr_1
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 August 2018, 21:54.

Comment

Tonight's tea has been another Sainsbury's almost-completely-prepared thing: slow-cooked pork shoulder with a toffee apple sauce; and chips. Nice enough

And earlier I dug out one of my pre-bag-charge Sainsbury's bags, which I use for the recycling. It had a receipt in from 15 June 2013, which was a Saturday. I didn't get very much at all; I was on a full-time contract in Cambridge at the time, so I probably wasn't cooking much

Comment

Just found the receipt for a dvd I bought from Woolies in 2008 & only just got around to watching.

Comment

Tonight's movie mayhem was London Has Fallen (2016), which is absolutely battulip insane. I believe it got rather poor reviews when it came out, but I don't know why; perhaps it was for the roughly five minutes or so at the beginning and end wasted not having an unending succession of explosions, helicopter crashes, car crashes, motorbike crashes, gun fights, knife fights, fist fights, sword fights, grenade fights, building demolitions, shipwrecks, escapes through tunnels in the Underground, escapes through holes in the floor, escapes through holes in the ceiling, escapes through lift shafts (which are both of those, really), and quite possibly a whole bunch of other stuff I've either forgotten or missed because I blinked

So if you like that kind of thing, it's probably worth ninety minutes out of your day

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Last night's entertainment was "The Greatest Showman" at an outdoor cinema in heavy rain. As the film came to an end, the clouds parted and the stars came out.

Currently CBS here.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

16.8 deg in the living room, overnight min of 10.3 deg in the laundry room, currently 10.4.

Sunny, cold, and dry.

High cloud, so not CBS.

I may get to finish this round of painting this afternoon if it dries off a bit, it's too damp and cold at the moment.

"The Marksman" is currently on hiatus, since I felt a bit tired & went to bed after about half an hour.

<different hiatus>

In with the hoi polloi.

Off to do some shopping shortly.

Might be able to resist buying yet more dvds but I think the addiction is too strong.

Washed my copy of "How to kill your neighbour's dog" in Fairy(tm) liquid yesterday, and, by damn, it now plays for more than 14 minutes and 23 seconds.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 August 2018, 09:24.

Comment

Morning denizens

Patchy cloud out there today

The living room temperature is currently 22°C - the lowest it's been, at least when I've been looking at the temperature, since the damnable heatwave started

Comment

Working...
                      X