• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    It’s grey is Scotland.
    Hotel has no air con
    Hotel room is beside motorway (thankfully the traffic didn’t wake me until around 5am)
    Current room temp: 27C
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tired, but not too hot n sweaty this morning....

Comment

Yesterday's televisual entertainment was last week's "Carter" followed by "Low Winter Sun", this last being incomprehensible as far as I'm concerned, whilst the former is an inconsequential piece of fluff greatly improved by the presence of Sydney Poitier.

The sky box reckoned the card was fecked again, but the turn it off turn it back on again and stick the card back in thing worked.

I suspect either the box or the card are on their last legs.

Neither of which will be replaced.

Slept with all the upstairs windows open, including the bedroom window.

28 deg C to start, by 05:30 it was cool enough that I was dreaming about snow, StrangeloveMater, and StrangeloveMog.

Very odd.

As is only right and proper, the train was 14 minutes late this morning, with the stranger to deodorant getting on with his granddaughter at Llansamlet.

'Tis amazing how unpleasant that is.

Things learned from a patient with CC "a spider bite on my ass":

1. If normal anal play just isn't doing it for you anymore, the obvious solution to this problem is to order a fancy, exotic tarantula from a fancy, exotic tarantula seller, and then proceed to somehow coax and/or shove said arachnid into your rectum. (a more accurate CC would have been "spider bite in my ass")

2. Spiders become very upset when this happens, and they will bite you multiple times before expiring, lost somewhere in your lower bowel. No, EMS will not look for it for you. The pay grade isn't nearly high enough. Some things are best left to physicians.

3. While it is helpful to know the exact species of said spider you've "shoved up your arse because YOLO", this information is not very useful when you've waited THREE DAYS after being bitten to call the Boo-boo Bus.

4. Yes, that anal discharge is not normal. Yes, it is probably related to being bitten by the spider (....geez). No, it will not go away on its own. No, there is not something you can put on it, but thanks for noticing the "for external use only" instructions on the bug bite cream.

Guy ended up losing everything up to the transverse colon. Not sure exactly what he was going for. Sadly, all of this might've been a little easier to understand if he had irradiated the spider first. "Poop-in-a-Bag Man" is not nearly as catchy as "Spiderman".
        WTF is wrong with these people?

When you and your wife of 30 years are driving home from dinner and she says it's dangerous for you to keep your pistol in the center console it is a good idea to grab said .357, put the barrel under your chin, say "aww hell it aint even loaded", and pull the trigger. It is ONLY a good idea if, in fact, the pistol is not loaded. If so, the bullet will cause damage breaking your maxilla, blowing out your orbit, rupturing your globe, and exiting just south of your eyebrow. Also, make sure to do this to the side of your face which is home to your non-blind eye.
        guns don't kill people stupid people kill themselves.

One has now reached the bottom (oooer, mrs) of page 80. It's taken a while.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 July 2018, 10:17.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey out

Even better, the temperature is a balmy 17°C

Still 28°C in here, of course

But it's somewhat more tolerable than yesterday's 31°C, and one hopes it'll come down a bit soon

Comment

Just sorted out my ticket for ffconf in November

Old habits die hard, and I scramble frantically to get one as it used to sell out in a couple of minutes.

The solution would have been to switch to a larger venue so as to fit more people in, but the venue is a really nice old cinema, and everybody felt it would be a shame to leave it as it adds a bit of charm to the proceedings.

So instead, the organisers (who are just a family, not FacelessCorp Inc.) decided to run it twice - the same speakers giving the same talks on Thursday and Friday. An ingenious solution that has allowed it to grow while retaining its unique character, and means the pressure to get a ticket is much easier.

I went to the first one ten years ago which makes me old skool, so I still go for the Friday; apparently there's a clear pattern of those who attended in the years before they made it two days going for the traditional Friday, while newer attendees prefer the new-fangled Thursday
            Last edited by NickFitz; 10 July 2018, 09:15. Reason: Add linky

Comment

Just got an email informing me that the Neighbourhood Watch meeting scheduled for tomorrow evening at 7:30pm has been cancelled. Apparently it clashes with something some people want to watch on the telly

I think the organiser should just move the start time to 7:00pm, thereby ensuring the most efficiently-run meeting ever

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Just got an email informing me that the Neighbourhood Watch meeting scheduled for tomorrow evening at 7:30pm has been cancelled. Apparently it clashes with something some people want to watch on the telly

I think the organiser should just move the start time to 7:00pm, thereby ensuring the most efficiently-run meeting ever
                Apparently it starts at 7pm, so it seems that wouldn't work

Comment

Apparently it starts at 7pm, so it seems that wouldn't work
                  Perhaps you could demonstrate a bit more patriotism and cheer us on?
                  Or change your username to VictMeld
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Perhaps you could demonstrate a bit more patriotism and cheer us on?
                    Or change your username to VictMeld
                    I don't really do jingoism. Or sport

Comment

I don't really do jingoism. Or sport
                      I've not got carried away so far but if we win on Wednesday, I'll be getting excited for weekend.
                      At least have a bit of charitable thought and let those who have less enjoy the moment.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X