• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Faint memories of how difficult sash windows are to work on remind me that sometimes it's best left to people who know, vaguely, wtf they're doing.

Especially if it's as far up in the air as your windows appear to be.
    Indeed. Not my abode, but part of the same terrace further up where it isn't concealed by trees:

At a guess, the bottom of my (first floor) windows must be about fifteen feet off the ground, so I don't think standing on a stepladder is going to cut it

Comment

At the dentist

Comment

And back from the dentist, early for a change - he's previously turned fifteen minutes into an hour, and forty-five into seventy-five, but this time brought sixty down to forty. But only because he suspects there may be a bigger problem than anticipated, wants a second opinion before proceeding, and the older and more experienced chap had already left for the day

Still, no anaesthetic, so I can have dinner without the risk of chewing the inside of my cheek off

Comment

Shopping done. Lovely and peaceful, it was - almost no human contact at all

I filled the car up too, as the Sainsbury's petrol station was almost deserted - four cars for thirty pumps. This didn't stop one bloke from then pulling up to a pump on the opposite side to his filler cap and awkwardly stretching the hose round the back of his car

Comment

Chicken jalfrezi out of the freezer for tea, with the usual bits. Very tasty

Comment

Tea was boiled lamb & carrots & onions.

It was much betterer than last week's, mostly because I managed not to turn the cornflour into obnoxious gelatinous blobs this time.

Sweet, in an attempt to use more milk, was stewed green gooseberries with custard.

This was very nice too.

Currently watching some ridiculous ancient aliens bollocks on "Blaze".

This lot reckon that humans have been genetically engineered by ancient aliens.

Apparently this explains Goliath.

Other than that, the generic weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth appears to be ongoing.

Aha! Eric von Daniken has just popped up.

Aha!

They've just asked if aliens might be living amongst us.

That should irritate any Giant Alien Lizards who might be listening.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 July 2018, 21:01.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's quality entertainment began with a rewatch of The Bourne Identity (2002). Good stuff, though I bet the various stunts and such would be done in an even more spectacular fashion nowadays - the bar really seems to have been raised on that stuff, presumably because a lot of it can be enhanced with CGI nowadays

And after that, an early (as in, it has Linda in it) episode of the later (as in, starring Krister Henriksson rather than Rolf Lassgård) Wallander (in Swedish): Afrikanen. Quite a good one, I thought.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

And as if in sympathy with the football team.

It is now raining in Manchester

so all is back to normal!

Comment

deep and abiding joy.

The moving monkeys are in here next week not the week after.

I can feel "off sick through stress" coming on as I type.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X