• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    The technique I used last time is to slot the parts bins (which apparently is what the little drawers are called) together vertically 4 or high, then put them in a suitable box (probably a banker's box) until it's almost full, then pad the empty space left with whatever comes to hand.

Stops stuff moving about and falling out of one drawer into the one below etc.

No brown paper or duct tape required, other than holding the lid of the box in place.

But then, wtf do I know? I've only done this twice before.
    Your way does have the advantage of stopping things from bins getting mixed up with each other, but surely you don't know nearly as much as said oik. I can't see any situation in which their bags would split and end up mingling their contents...

(and we know whose job it would be to sort them out at the end!)

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
      Now WFH looking after covtoddler who was sent home from nursery with a temperature. A couple of hours on the sofa and some Calpol and he seems to have perked right up.

Just say yes to drugs.

Your way does have the advantage of stopping things from bins getting mixed up with each other, but surely you don't know nearly as much as said oik. I can't see any situation in which their bags would split and end up mingling their contents...

(and we know whose job it would be to sort them out at the end!)
      I fear that any such mingling would result in much binning.

Now that almost everyone has finished for the year, the new dean has suddenly found £15k to spend.

Bet I still can't get my fecking resistors though.

Wait, what? Carrier bags?! Bodge central from some previous occupant?
      Shocking.

I'd have expected Waitrose at the very least.

Can someone remind me why the feck I didn't retire this year?

Oh.

Yes.

They didn't offer voluntary redundancy this year.

Evil curly haired feckers that they are.

Oh good.

I've just had an email showing me how to fill out the labels on the crates.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 July 2018, 15:21.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        I've just had an email showing me how to fill out the labels on the crates.
        Have you much experience of sucking eggs, or do you need to be taught?

Comment

Have you much experience of sucking eggs, or do you need to be taught?
          Turns out I sort of did them right.

As a Special Treat, I'm off down to the New Building on Mondary morning to get some fecking idea what the space is like & where the feck everything has to fit.

I'm not holding out much hope.

I'll bring the car in tomorrow so I can cart some of my heavier junk back home.

Time to go, I've had enough of this crap for one day life.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 July 2018, 15:32.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Drinks in Glasgow? Whatever could go wrong?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              I can't possibly imagine any circumstances under which anything could go wrong. Have a good night!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                I can't possibly imagine any circumstances under which anything could go wrong. Have a good night!
                WCBS!

Comment

Bollocks! Dropped the Remoska and broke it

A new one will set me back £150, apparently. On the other hand, I do like cooking with it. Looks like I'll be making a trip out to the Lakeland store at a garden centre near Market Bosworth soon.

Comment

Wait, what? Carrier bags?! Bodge central from some previous occupant?
                    Yep I was suitably appreciative, one hopes the 'builder' involved felt his ears vaporise.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Bollocks! Dropped the Remoska and broke it

A new one will set me back £150, apparently. On the other hand, I do like cooking with it. Looks like I'll be making a trip out to the Lakeland store at a garden centre near Market Bosworth soon.
                      We have a Lidl 6 way multi cooker. £30 and Fries (deep & pan) , roasts & slow cooks. Absolutely love it, it just needs a "to table attachment". Might find some wood & make one.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X