• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea consisted, strangely, of a Pukka steak pie with Heinz baked beans, followed by stewed apple & custard.

It was nice, if not very.

Today's first feature is "Hancock" with Wil Smiith.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448157/

It's larf out loud funny in parts.

Currently watching "I am Legend" with Will Smith.

It's not larf out loud funny anywhere.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480249/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Novel from the same chap as "The Incredible Shrinking Man".
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 August 2018, 20:59.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Odd day today,.

Having had little to no sleep last night due to an unofficial Rave kicking off at a disused colliery a couple of miles away we finally gave up and go up at about 05:30 this morning.

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/n...-wakes-1939489

We eventually decided just to bugger off for the day as the music was so bad you could still hear in indoors with the dots and windows closed.

Ended up in Great Yarmouth for some reason. I think the rave would have been preferable. For those who have not been, think Blackpool without the charm and sophistication. In the rain.

Got back home about 30 minutes ago and the music is still going.

Alchohol is going to be required.
      Sounds deeply annoying - the rave, not Great Yarmouth, which sounds more despondency-inducing

I remember many years ago, my parents decided that a nice day out in Hunstanton would be just the thing. In February.

It was closed

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Sounds deeply annoying - the rave, not Great Yarmouth, which sounds more despondency-inducing

I remember many years ago, my parents decided that a nice day out in Hunstanton would be just the thing. In February.

It was closed
        Music now stopped. Story is that between the rain and the Police the attendees finally got fed up and left, but not before expressing their displeasure at having their gathering cut short by setting light to around 100 straw bales in a neighbouring field.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Music now stopped. Story is that between the rain and the Police the attendees finally got fed up and left, but not before expressing their displeasure at having their gathering cut short by setting light to around 100 straw bales in a neighbouring field.
          Morons

They need to update the Country Code: "Don't drop litter, leave gates as you found them, don't set up a sodding great sound system and drive everybody in a ten mile radius to distraction then torch the place as you go home"

Comment

This thread is still going???

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Yes, still chugging along nicely, thank you

How's SKA? Won any more awards recently?

Comment

Proper roast Sunday dinner today, being half shoulder of lamb (blade half) with the appropriate accompaniments; and exceedingly nice it was

And the tileserver is building OK and serving tiles, which implies it's working

It's just proxying for OSM's own tileserver at the moment. Next: get it handling importing OSM data and stuffing it in a database correctly (though only a county or so's worth for now, as doing the whole world would need at least half a terabyte just for the database files, and take ages to process). Then add in a renderer to generate tiles from that, and serve them

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Currently watching "I am Legend" with Will Smith.

It's not larf out loud funny anywhere.
                  Stone me that was a bit of a downer.

Didn't like that one very much.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Yup. But more slowly than previously.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Stone me that was a bit of a downer.

Didn't like that one very much.
                    It's based on the same story as The Omega Man (1971), so in a sense it's a remake of that with Will Smith in the Charlton Heston role

Tonight was Financial Services Industry Movie Night chez moi, with The Big Short (2015), in which the crisis of 2008 is explained in a drama-documentary-comedy, followed by Margin Call (2011), in which its bowels are examined in a drama-colonoscopy of modern capitalism. Both excellent films, especially if you enjoy gloating over the spectacle of the drastic error that is capitalism consuming itself for all its own best reasons

Earlier on, my left hearing aid announced "battery low". I left it, figuring I'd see how long after that the battery lasted. Just long enough that you're finishing cooking dinner and can't change it right now turns out to to be the answer, leaving me in the position of having superhuman hearing on the right side and a very expensive earplug on the left

The right one decided to utter the same dictum during Margin Call, but I changed it straight away: I assume its plan was to wait until some crucial piece of dialogue right near the end of the film and give out then, but I wasn't falling for that

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      It's based on the same story as The Omega Man (1971), so in a sense it's a remake of that with Will Smith in the Charlton Heston role
                      Indeed.

I think I watched that many years ago.

Living room temperature this morning: 18.2 deg, laundry room: 15.3 with a min of 13.7.

Autumn appears to be on its way.

It's a grey day again, but precipitation is currently on hold.

It's windy too.

That's probably the beans.

I think "I Robot" or "Independence Day" are on the cards today, being reasonably accessible without the risk of death by falling tower of dvds.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 August 2018, 07:39.

Comment

Working...
                      X