• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another afternoon of exhaustion, but the linepost is back up and welded (very badly) into place with a sleeve inside it just in case like.

I still can't understand the level of water in there and quite why it pongs so appallingly.

Further black bags ready to go down the dump tomorrow morning in an endless attempt to tidy this tuliphole up a bit.

The welding was a lot easier with the proper faceshield I used to use rather than the automatic one.

I think there's a 10 density filter in it so I could more or less see what I was doing.

Ish.

Making the rod negative seemed to help as well.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Dinner has been those M&S beef ribs in bourbon BBQ sauce, same as the other week, because I got two packs and froze one. With chips, of course

This time I applied my proposed modifications to the reheating cooking instructions, and they came out a bit better. But I'm still not sure I'll bother with them again; I prefer pork ribs anyway

Comment

Just collected 2 big boxes of horror paperbacks from Freecycle. Keep me entertained for years.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          nand game complete
          damn that was keeping you of mischief you had no chance to get into delete trouble!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

This evening's (very long) entertainment was "The Aviator" with Leonardo DeCaprio, Cate Blanchett and Kate Beckinsale.

It was quite good. And very long. The 2nd dvd is even longer.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338751/?ref_=nv_sr_1

As a study in OCD, it was remarkable.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Just collected 2 big boxes of horror paperbacks from Freecycle. Keep me entertained for years.
              Sounds excellent! Nothing better than getting a load of books

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                This evening's (very long) entertainment was "The Aviator" with Leonardo DeCaprio, Cate Blanchett and Kate Beckinsale.

It was quite good. And very long. The 2nd dvd is even longer.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338751/?ref_=nv_sr_1

As a study in OCD, it was remarkable.
                I'll add it to the list

Tonight's entertainment opened with Security (2017), in which Antonio Banderas plays an ex-Special Forces veteran who starts a new job working security at a shopping mall, and nothing happens because that's how life is after you leave the forces.

Oh no, hang on: lots more happens, and one can only hope the mall's insurers were suitably reinsured, because Smeg fridges apparently stand up well to automatic weapons fire but probably can't be sold at full price afterwards.

Pretty good if you like watching an all-out battle going on in a shopping mall, which I did

After that, a rewatch of Unknown (2011), in which Liam Neeson visits a European capital and the stuff that always happens when he visits a European capital happens. You'd think he'd know to stick to small towns and provincial cities by now, but apparently not. Good stuff, if you like that kind of thing

And finally a couple more episodes of the final season of The Americans.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Go live weekend day 2.

Number of IT project managers on site: zero
                    Amount of time wasted yesterday by IT project managers phoning, emailing or organising unnecessary meetings: 3 hours.
                    Number of spreadsheets being used to track the project: n+1
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Sounds excellent! Nothing better than getting a load of books
                      I rather enjoyed taking a load of books (of the data variety) down to the recycling.

It was strangely satisfying to know I'd not read them & now I never would.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I'll add it to the list

Tonight's entertainment opened with Security (2017), in which Antonio Banderas plays an ex-Special Forces veteran who starts a new job working security at a shopping mall, and nothing happens because that's how life is after you leave the forces.

Oh no, hang on: lots more happens, and one can only hope the mall's insurers were suitably reinsured, because Smeg fridges apparently stand up well to automatic weapons fire but probably can't be sold at full price afterwards.

Pretty good if you like watching an all-out battle going on in a shopping mall, which I did

After that, a rewatch of Unknown (2011), in which Liam Neeson visits a European capital and the stuff that always happens when he visits a European capital happens. You'd think he'd know to stick to small towns and provincial cities by now, but apparently not. Good stuff, if you like that kind of thing

And finally a couple more episodes of the final season of The Americans.

Goodnight all
                      I seem to be rather averse to Mr Banderas, but when it turns up in a charity emporium I may spend 50p on it.

"Unknown" on the other hand is excellent.

I do so like that sort of thing.

In other other news, the linepost still stands.

In other other other news, 19.1 deg in here, 18.1 in the laundry room, with a min of 17.6.

Light grey & overcast & dry.

Quite pleasant out there today.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 September 2018, 07:44.

Comment

Working...
                      X