• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds excellent! Nothing better than getting a load of books
    Bunged em all under my bed. Today my loony lady friend told me that's bad due to the negative vibes. Now I'm worried that all the the zombies, monsters, ghosts etc. will start emerging from these horror stories while I'm asleep. Make a good horror story!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Bunged em all under my bed. Today my loony lady friend told me that's bad due to the negative vibes. Now I'm worried that all the the zombies, monsters, ghosts etc. will start emerging from these horror stories while I'm asleep. Make a good horror story!
      Excellent!

Comment

Chinese was very nice, as always

This evening's hypothesis for not being busier was…<spins wheel of fortune>…kids going back to school

There was some kind of blue light action involving multiple cop cars going on up the road as I was walking back, but a bit too far away to see what was going on. As there was also orange light action, I suspect it was just someone broken down and them directing traffic around it while it was recovered - it was just before a very busy junction, and the road still isn't much wider than it was when the Romans were having to hop over a ditch to get past a broken-down cart

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          you need to tell loony friend that there is only one way to cleanse the room...
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

There were blue flashing lights when I drove to Swansea on Thursday.

Turned out a 22 ton truck had rear ended a Corolla at the traffic lights at Earlswood.

The Corolla looked unhappy about it.

There was an ambulance too.

Someone's got whiplash.

Today's cinematic epic was "Company K" starring no one anyone's ever heard of.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0372828/

From a novel by William Marsh relating his experiences in WWI in the septic Marines.

It filled an otherwise tedious hour and 40 minutes, plus another half an hour of extras.

Then it was 9 minutes of "War of the Worlds" which I didn't feel like watching.

Now it's time for the battulipcrazy "The Curse of Oak Island" on Blaze.

This week it's some mysterious rocks some nutjob found, which have obscure carvings, so the nutjob embedded them in concrete "to keep them safe".

Ah.

Another nutjob reckons that ground freezing and excavations would be just the ticket.

They've drilled another hole and sent a probe down it.

Finding: nothing.

Another nutjob reckons it's all down to the Aztec Empire.

I'm waiting for the nutjob who reckons it's aliens.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 September 2018, 21:30.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

test please delete

Morning all still at client site.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's initial extravaganza was The Hitman's Apprentice (2012) (which according to IMDb is called The Liability; whatever) in which a young chap, having accidentally wrecked his obnoxious crime boss stepfather's fancy car, is required to pay off his debt by working as driver for one of said stepfather's lackeys. Quite an entertaining story overall, and probably worth ten bob if it should pop up in a charity shop somewhere

And to follow, another rewatch of Downfall (2004). I wanted to watch this because, apart from it being a brilliant film, it's one of those where in the past I've had to constantly keep my hand on the volume control as I had to turn it right up to hear what people were saying, then turn it right down because a Russian artillery bombardment was arriving and I try not to annoy the neighbours too much. (The fact that I don't know German is not relevant to my desire to hear what the people in the film are saying in German.) Turns out that with the hearing aids I didn't need to trouble the volume control at all. Out of curiosity I took them out during some of the noisiest scenes, having been able to hear all the dialogue just fine, and found that the volume was still lower than the level I'd probably have turned it down to. So I was able to enjoy both the speech in a language I don't understand, and the tremendous racket of the shells, machine guns, and what have you :nazi:

And finally a further episode of The Americans. Very close to the culmination of that now.

Goodnight all

Comment

Last day of "hols".

I am totally & utterly fecked.

19.9 deg in here, 18.6 in the laundry room with a min of 18.1.

Grey, dry, and wanly sunny in that wan sort of way it does so well.

Yesterday's exertions seem to have embedded bramble thorns into my hands that are so small I can feel them but can't actually see them.

First business of the day, following a nice cup of tea & a dump, is the final trip down the dump with yet more bags of assorted crap.

Will this joy never end?

The expensive bit will be getting shot of all the asbestos sheeting.

I'm trying not to think about that.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Last day on the bench before returning to client co. tomorrow.

Yesterdays beer related shenanigans were moderately entertaining, who knew Cleethorpes was so civilised? Several very nice pubs serving very nice beer on the seafront. A cracking bottle shop and micro-pub tucked away down a back street and a noticeable absence of arcades and other "entertainment" facilities. Which probably explained the relative absence of the kind of clientele normally seen sporting bad tattoos and ankle tags in Skeggy or Great Yarmouth.

The beer festival itself was a bit of a disappointment. Lots of beer if you liked it pale and watery, not so much if you prefer it dark enough that you can't read the paper through it. Plus the musical entertainment appeared to have been set up for the sort of crowd who need it turned up to 11 to enjoy themselves while necking alchopops, rather than a bunch of ale drinkers who'd quite like to have a conversation while they drink without having to scream at each other to be heard.

In other news, 6 weeks of eating and drinking like I was still training, but without actually sitting on bike at any point has produced a noticeable paunch. I need to get back in the saddle ASAP.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X