• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other news the bed time routine has now been extended beyond locking up and turning stiff off to include feeding the hedgehog(s) having confirmed* that at least one is a regular nocturnal visitor in the back garden.

*It had been suspected due to the otherwise unexplained dropping on the lawn and then confirmed on the night of the previously mentioned Rave, when one was spotted whilst standing outside the back door trying to work out where the bloody music was coming from.
    Last edited by DaveB; 2 September 2018, 22:15.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      In other news the bed time routine has now been extended beyond locking up and turning stiff off to include feeding the hedgehog(s) having confirmed* that at least one is a regular nocturnal visitor in the back garden.

*It had been suspected due to the otherwise unexplained dropping on the lawn and then confirmed on the night of the previously mentioned Rave, when one was spotted whilst standing outside the back door trying to work out where the bloody music was coming from.
      Hedgehogs FTW!

Comment

No telly tonight, apart from the inevitable air ambulance stuff whilst eating dinner.

Into town tomorrow so the chap can assess the state of my hearing aids or something.

Goodnight all

Comment

Terrible night's sleep.

Now getting up before dawn's rosy fingers are obvious.

19.7 deg in here, 18.6 in the laundry room, with 18.6 as the min.

Looking forward () to the extended trudge down to the new slough of despond.

I'm quite sure it's going to be an overwhelmingly crap week, with the spiel from the curly haired c**t from Carmarthen being the absolute nadir.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Beyond all expectations, I plugged the box in to the interweb port and it found stuff and works.

Sort of.

Other than telling me my copy of Orifice isn't right & proper like.

And today, from the looks of it, will involve getting this place into something resembling order.

I may be some time.

<typed on a keyboard balanced on a cardboard box, connected to the interweb via a piece of green string, with all the icons on the right hand side of the screen.

Most oddly odd.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

It's been sunny, but it's just starting to get cloudy now

Rain due this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Morning denizens

It's been sunny, but it's just starting to get cloudy now

Rain due this afternoon.
                  Cloudy and Bright in Worcester!
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

First pimp call of the week and it's a dud.

Having spent the first couple of lines establishing to be that yes, I am available from the date on my CV, and yes I'm only interested in contract roles we start off the BS dance of "what are you looking for in your next role yadda yadda" - I ask him if he has an actual contract to discuss and his counter is "I'd like to talk about a £35k perm role in Cannock. How does that compare to your current role?"

Comment

Plus ça change and all that.

First day back at Client co.

No Laptop.

No Email.

No Worky.

Despite the fact that they knew I was coming, and have actually worked here before.

Still billing them. Timesheet portal isn't reliant on Client co. systems

But the real issue is that I forgot the charger for my personal laptop, 50% battery and falling fast
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X