• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

morning all was a bit murky on the dog walk earlier, now the sun is out (just).
    Off down Devon this evening for the weekend, hoping the A35 is clear.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Big consultancies grown ups and end client's grownups are onsite at Clientco today. I'm expecting lots of deckchair rearranging to be discussed. As I've only got 3 weeks left on this gig, it won't have any impact on my doings whatsoever, so I can enjoy the spectacle in peace.

Comment

I feel like I've been up for hours but all I did was go to the Supermarket before working.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lunch is basically the same as Tuesday, which differed from Wednesday only in very limited respects

Except I remembered to bring a bag of crisps today

Comment

Today I am not in a good mood. OK, so I got the car insurance reduced by 5%. I then decided to read the email from my accountant about my personal tax for last year. They manage my company accounts and my personal ones
            In the past it was an easy exercise - they would fill out all the income from the company, I just needed to add in shares/interest/etc.
            This year they have a 7 page online form where everything is blank. What is my income, what is my salary, how much was paid in dividends, etc.

I filled out all the share/interest stuff and the personal stuff they wouldn't know about. I've emailed them about the company payments to me, pointing out that they are my accountant and they are the ones who make the payments to me from my company account, so they should have all the breakdowns of how much goes in each pot.

This has got me annoyed. Might just have to give BrilloPad a few infraction points to make me feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Today I am not in a good mood. OK, so I got the car insurance reduced by 5%. I then decided to read the email from my accountant about my personal tax for last year. They manage my company accounts and my personal ones
              In the past it was an easy exercise - they would fill out all the income from the company, I just needed to add in shares/interest/etc.
              This year they have a 7 page online form where everything is blank. What is my income, what is my salary, how much was paid in dividends, etc.

I filled out all the share/interest stuff and the personal stuff they wouldn't know about. I've emailed them about the company payments to me, pointing out that they are my accountant and they are the ones who make the payments to me from my company account, so they should have all the breakdowns of how much goes in each pot.

This has got me annoyed. Might just have to give BrilloPad a few infraction points to make me feel better.
              BP isn't even here at the moment last seen heading to a skate park in August....

And you really let your accountant have access to your company bank account
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                BP isn't even here at the moment last seen heading to a skate park in August....
                I'll infract him on LinkedIn

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

And you really let your accountant have access to your company bank account
                  No he means the accountant knows enough about his company's bookkeeping and his salary they should be able to fill that in.

My accountant never asks my salary for my self-assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    No he means the accountant knows enough about his company's bookkeeping and his salary they should be able to fill that in.

My accountant never asks my salary for my self-assessment.
                    That's not what he actually wrote. What WTFH actually said is:-

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    they are the ones who make the payments to me from my company account, so they should have all the breakdowns of how much goes in each pot.
                    Which is why I found it strange. My accountant can see what is going on as Freeagent does bank reconciliation so the payments from my company account to personal account (that I do myself) are recorded in the correct places and easy to follow.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X