• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I do the stiffy in the carpark now?

Please.

Pretty Please.

A man has been found dead at a Swansea university campus - latest updates - Wales Online

There we go.

In other news, the brainwashing indoctrination session (or 75% of same) was endured in the Dylan Thomas Centre.

The lunch was rather fine, so I'm feeling totally stuffed.

This was followed, after the essential extra tedium of more indoctrination, by a visit to the new build campus in the docks.

Just to illustrate exactly what it was going to be like, the Swansea wind and rain descended, turning it into an arctic trek rendering umbrellas useless.

The horizontality of the rain was particularly impressive considering that it wasn't actually blowing a fecking gale in the first place.

What it's like in February I dread to think.

So'westers and oilskins probably essential.

Heave ho me hearties.

According to the forecast the wind was 23mph.

Force Five apparently.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 7 September 2017, 16:18.

Comment

Home, and weekend!

It's going to be a moderately eventful weekend, as I'm due at the hospital tomorrow afternoon for a screening programme they offer to people of A Certain Age, which will involve shoving a camera up my backside

And I suspect there's something untoward going on elsewhere in my innards, as I still feel quite unwell and the heartburn seems to have subsided, so now I'm worrying about gallstones and pancreatitis, having made the mistake of looking medical stuff up online

Though of course the first mention of such a consequence of such self-directed research that I'm aware of is in Jerome K. Jerome's Three Men in a Boat, where he goes to the British Museum Reading Room to look up some trifling malady in a medical encyclopaedia, and comes away convinced he has every single illness known to medicine with the sole exception of housemaid's knee

Anyway, I'm going to have a look on the doctor's website and see if I can get an appointment some time before the next Olympics

Comment

About the camera: demand sedation!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          About the camera: demand sedation!
          From what the leaflet said, gas & air is what's on offer, but you have to wait half-an-hour afterwards before you can drive home if you have that, so I'll probably skip it.

I get to watch it all on the screen, if I want to - I don't suppose it'll be as interesting as the angioplasty, but probably better than most daytime telly

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Home, and weekend!

It's going to be a moderately eventful weekend, as I'm due at the hospital tomorrow afternoon for a screening programme they offer to people of A Certain Age, which will involve shoving a camera up my backside
            Time to revive the picolax thread

The Picolax Thread Returns | Singletrack Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

I thought of that when I was reading the leaflet about the procedure

No picolax for me - but I have to administer an enema to myself, and deal with the inevitable consequences, before leaving home

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

I thought of that when I was reading the leaflet about the procedure

No picolax for me - but I have to administer an enema to myself, and deal with the inevitable consequences, before leaving home
                Oh dear - look what I found, linked to from the picolax thread: Phosphate enema better than Picolax for bowel preparation, study finds | News | Pharmaceutical Journal

Comment

Homemade chicken soup out of the freezer for dinner, along with a handful of homemade croutons also out of the freezer, and a big hunk of multiseed brown bread - not homemade but it's from Sainsbury's Local, which is very close to home

Autocorrect wants to change "multiseed" to "multisided" - well, the loaf is three dimensional, so fair enough

Anyway, it's probably multigrain or something

Comment

The ZeitTea was lentil <pfffft> soup, purely because I couldn't be arsed to cook anything.

The first feature was "Dr. Stranglove or how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb", Peter Sellers, Keenan Wynn, George C. Scott, Sterling Hayden, dir Stanley Kubrick.

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964) - IMDb

It was in a curious aspect ratio, which was disappointing.

And not forgetting James "Luke, I am your Father" Earl Jones.
                    Last edited by zeitghost; 7 September 2017, 21:35.

Comment

Getting an early night, in the vague hope it encourages whatever is wrong with my innards to ease off

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X