• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

morning

Comment

Still waiting for feedback from Thursday's interview. It doesnt help that one of the decision makers is on leave this week.
      However I just want a yay/nay and we can move on from there

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I'm turning Radio 4 off on the morning and evening drive increasingly often. I can do without the wretched stuff that passes for news nowadays topping and tailing the working day
        The real crunch question is whether you find any of the so called "comedies" on R4 even vaguely amusing any more.

The only ones I can tolerate now are "The News Quiz" which isn't nearly as funny without Alan Coren, and "Just a Minute" which is mildly amusing and ok in small doses whilst doing the vaccing on a Sunday lunchtime.

Comment

Morning all

Karl Pilkington is filming near here today.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The Revenue could even inspire some confidence in the coming weeks or months, because it is just about to embark on its first enforcement round of the April rules.

These checks will, initially at least, be largely informal enquiries at public sector organisations.

Inspectors demonstrating a firm, fair, proportionate as well as practically-minded approach in HMRC’s enforcement could reassure the many who have jitters about the tax authority doing the same policing, eventually, at private sector companies.
            Now that really would be a first.

As the windfall apples are almost over, the jackdaws have started on the pears.

Just been laughing at the little flock having a nice feed on the lawn, and how possessive they are of choice fruit.
            Last edited by zeitghost; 23 August 2017, 11:24.

Comment

chicken salad wrap and a packet of walkers salt and vinegar.
              Now having a brew (yorkshire tea)

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                Still waiting for feedback from Thursday's interview. It doesnt help that one of the decision makers is on leave this week.
                However I just want a yay/nay and we can move on from there
                Any idea how many other candidates interviewed?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Morning all

Karl Pilkington is filming near here today.
                  Is that the guy from "an idiot abroad"? I read the book once.

Is Surrey abroad now?

Comment

Tesco for lunch today.

I saw a Big Issue seller at Liverpool Street today. They looked quite pathetic, so I decided to buy it. A surprisingly good read. I must get it more often - I missed it in Wales.

Apparently the regular seller was beaten up on the way home. So the seller was a stand in.

The sad thing is that if you beat someone up and are caught, its a low sentence unless the victim is rich.

Likewiose financial crime - the state cares far more about property than people.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Any idea how many other candidates interviewed?
                      I think I was the first interviewed on the Thursday, then a couple of others on the Friday.

It really pisses me off when they said a decision will be made on Friday close of play. Then Monday, then I will contact you when we have information

I know it could be a "thanks but we are looking for ..." - but have the decency to tell me.

Comment

Working...
                      X