• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Sunny out

Going to be quite warm this weekend, it seems. Not as bad as it was, but still.

I got a couple of standalone thermometers off Amazon this week, so it'll give them a bit of a workout. Currently just on 23°C in the front part of the premises

Comment

Cottons done, drying on the line.

Shirts done, in the drier.

Sheets done, waiting to go out.

Been to the new slough of despond to collect the access card & check the state of the place.

Access card got.

Junk taken in.

Room seems large.

Much to do next week and the week after and the week after that.

Up the hill everything seems to have been transferred.

Deep joy.

Lunch is a quarter of Morrisons pork pie with Heinz(tm) baked beans.

High winds expected later.

The Wrecked House of Immortal Memory looks even more wrecked than the last time I looked.

Now covered in ivy which seems to have killed the buddleia.

Seems a looooooong time since I last stared at that.

New slough of despond is fecking miles further from Swansea than up on the hill.

Looks like I may get fitter.

Though, since it's flat, maybe not.

Sheets are out.

Earlier it was a completely CBS except for one little cloud.

Now it's a bit more cloudy but the sun is still shining.

Met a couple of the now ancient gentlemen (the two who are still alive) who used to do the Sunday morning walk to the top of the mountain.

We've buried a fair few since those distant days.

Plus it's nowhere near as pleasant now the woods have been clear felled.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 August 2018, 13:06.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

nand game complete

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          nand game complete
          Hi MS!

How's it going? Has your face ailment cleared up?

Comment

I've been out for a large amount of kebab meat at lunch time, so feeling rather now

At last the pimps are starting to call in earnest - only four weeks left here now \o/

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              The Wrecked House of Immortal Memory looks even more wrecked than the last time I looked.

Now covered in ivy which seems to have killed the buddleia.
              The most recent Street View image of said house is from 2014; the buddleia has gone right back, and the ivy is really starting to kick in from by the front door

Comment

Bacon butty for lunch

Comment

Either the heat earlier in the year got it or someone's chopped it off at the roots because the ivy is mostly brown & dead.

The magnificent "repair" to the GF bay window seems unchanged other than 10 or so more years of rot & decay.

I remember him putting that plywood there, in the snow, just before Xmas.

Seems ages ago now.

I wonder if the black & white cat still marches up & down the terrace roof.

The ivy has reached the guttering and the eaves.

Maybe that's the reason it's been chopped, because it probably found its way into the front bedroom & maybe also the attic room.

It's fearsome stuff.

I had some split an asbestos sheet where it had grown through a hole and then expanded itself with enough force to damage the sheet.

Drove past the Mountain Dew pub (it's further up the hill) on the way back, it's closed & boarded up.

The Cosy Cafe on the opposite side of the road is gone as well.

Institutions they were, back in the day.

I remember watching one of the few episodes I've ever seen of "Coronation Street" in the Mountain Dew sometime between 1974 and 1978.

Ena Sharples was still in it then.

Just worked out that it's 42 years since I had my impacted wisdom teeth out in 1976.

Not in the Mountain Dew or The Cosy Cafe though.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 August 2018, 14:08.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                    Hi MS!

How's it going? Has your face ailment cleared up?

TFA. Getting there - no longer sore or scabby - a pink slightly scaly patch is left that feels a bit tender. Suspect it will take a while to disappear completely.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Drove past the Mountain Dew pub (it's further up the hill) on the way back, it's closed & boarded up.

The Cosy Cafe on the opposite side of the road is gone as well.

Institutions they were, back in the day.
                      The Cosy Café seems to have still been open in 2012, but by August 2014 it was locked up with a "Freehold For Sale" sign over the door

And the Mountain Dew seems still to have an active website, though not an active pub

Comment

Working...
                      X