• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    We’ve been watching Elementary on Pick (not on atm though).

So you won’t miss anything really.
    True enough.

I still haven't watched the last series of "24" so I don't suppose I'm missing much.

Fortunately the box lasted long enough for me to satisfy my addiction to "Grimm", "Castle", "Longmire" and whatever else I was watching.

The NCIS stuff is now so repetitive as to be not worth the effort.

And 50, well that's a ship that's sailed.

So is the car gone then? or did they find it eventually?
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Cold sausage sandwich for lunch, there being leftover sausages from last night's tea

Comment

Just noticed that the temperature in here has dipped below 20°C today, for the first time in months probably

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Just noticed that the temperature in here has dipped below 20°C today, for the first time in months probably
          We got down below 18 yesterday evening. Was sat watching telly and wondering why I could smell something hot and dusty. Turns out the heating had come on briefly as the thermostat was set to 17.5
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Just found out 22 September is the date the original Tron takes place. Might watch it later in honour of the occasion

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

So is the car gone then? or did they find it eventually?
              They did find it eventually, in the wrong place with the keys on the bonnet - obviously in mid-move when someone got distracted.

At 6am after a lot of delays you can imagine how amused I was...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

They did find it eventually, in the wrong place with the keys on the bonnet - obviously in mid-move when someone got distracted.

Never mind you, your driver wasn’t happy either...
                https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-45599295
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

They were lucky you didn't have the Mighty Ban Hammer with you.

Twenty some odd years ago a chap I worked with left the keys to his (ex-BT) yellow van on its bonnet in the street overnight.

And no one nicked it.

Tea turned out to be rather too much spag with bol of the added garlic & onion kind.

Stuffed now.

It's cooled down to a mere 19 in here now, after reaching the dizzy heights of 23 when I was drying off after this morning's shopping expedition.

Said expedition, as predicted, ended with me buying yet another £7 of beef from the small butcher's shop in Old Market Street.

This afternoon's epic in the deluge was "Ed Wood" with Johnny Depp et al.

It was ok in a strange sort of way.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109707/

I'm not sure I've seen it before, maybe I was conflating it with "Gods & Monsters" which I saw some years ago and haven't yet found in a charity emporium.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Never mind you, your driver wasn’t happy either...
                  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-45599295
                  He was very lucky in the judge he got.

One of the many reasons I take public transport is my definite aversion to putting any money whatsofeckingever of the pocket of the CHCFC since he introduced paid for car parking.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 September 2018, 17:51.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Cold sausage sandwich for lunch, there being leftover sausages from last night's tea
                    Wot? - no microwave?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      Wot? - no microwave?
                      I like cold sausages - that's why I cooked the whole pack last night, rather than leaving the surplus in the freezer

Comment

Working...
                      X