• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The great thing about spending over two-and-a-half grand on a fully-equipped iMac 5K is that I now get to squint at its huge display shrunk down to fit into a remote desktop window on my MacBook Air because I can't be bothered to get up and walk across the room to sit at it

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Appointment made for flu jab on 10th October.

All deeply joyful.
      I must hassle the GP about the flu jab now they're becoming available

Comment

It didn't rain on me on the way home.

It was vaguely & indifferently sunnyish in Swansea.

Grey as grey can be in Neath.

The X55 bus was on time or as near as damn it.

Appointment made with Doctor for next Thursday.

Appointment made for flu jab on 10th October.

All deeply joyful.

Comment

Just watching something called "Detroit Steel" on some channel called "Dave".

They're sticking a 600hp Ford V8 (Roush tuned up Ford current production engine) into a 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air station wagon, which has "patina" apparently.

"Patina" seems to mean it looks rusty.

He's just taken the carpets out and found what patina really means when he stuck his finger through the floor.

Been there, done that, got the burns from the burning underseal.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6533834/?ref_=ttep_ep8

Stone me, they bought a new floor for the damn thing.

Apparently there's a company in Detroit that makes them.

For a 62 year old car?

He's just scratched something that looks expensive trying to get it through a door that's not wide enough.

Almost managed to watch Horizon without falling asleep.

But not quite.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 September 2018, 20:50.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Finally made it across the room to the iMac, where of course I then wasted loads of time updating installed software.

But it's given me a chance to listen to Dark Side of the Moon through the iMac's excellent speakers and my hearing aids, a combination which had it sounding better than it has to me in a good few years.

Now on to Full Moon Fever

Though I need to stop soon and go and make dinner

Comment

Tonight's most delicious meal has been a porterhouse steak and chips

Comment

They're sticking a 600hp Ford V8 (Roush tuned up Ford current production engine) into a 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air station wagon, which has "patina" apparently.

He's just taken the carpets out and found what patina really means when he stuck his finger through the floor.

For a 62 year old car?

He's just scratched something that looks expensive trying to get it through a door that's not wide enough.

But not quite.
                yep I do like Detroit Steel and the other hot roddy style stuff. Then wheeler dealers and DDD on the food channel all complete tosh but enjoyable.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's film has been The Graduate (1967), which I hadn't watched for many years. In particular, I'd only ever seen it on old-fashioned tellies and therefore in 4:3 aspect ratio. It really benefits from being seen in widescreen and HD, as the framing is so cleverly constructed and the cinematography generally is excellent.

And then the latest episode of Bodyguard, in which I was amused to see that the scene showing Roger Penhaligon's constituency surgery was filmed at Conway Hall: venue for the Boring Conference, the Interesting Conference, and the London Web Standards conference I went to the other weekend

In fact, for the shot from the balcony showing the main character entering the hall, the camera must have been positioned just a few feet from my usual seat. (Also, to approach the corner entrance to the main hall from that direction, he must have just been to the Ladies.)

And, what's more, it's probably the place in London least likely to be used by a Tory MP, being the home of the Conway Hall Ethical Society; Ethics and Society being something Tories conspicuously eschew

Goodnight all

Comment

Good morning all!

Day 13 of permydom!

Bolton on't 'ill - still breezy but not as warm as yesterday!

Hump day - which is nice!

Decorator has finished the painting and is due to hang wallpaper today - which should be nice!

Have a good day!
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

For a 62 year old car?

But not quite.
                      One man's rust is another man's patina!
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X