• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another curious dream about an ancient Rover 100 that I once owned.

And some people I met at ZeitSis's recent birthday party.

I'd parked it in a ?multistory? and gone somewhere with said people.

Came back and it wasn't there. (This happened to me when I borrowed ZeitPater's Zodiac 40 years ago).

Wandered around the carpark looking & lo! there it was.

I'm unsure quite what the presence of the Philips N1500 VCR signifies though.

So, all in all, another weird ZeitDream.

In other news, following last evening's semicontinous deluge, it's a lovely misty moisty morning with blue skies from horizon to horizon.

This last being because the Neath Fair came to an end yesterday, so the sun can have his hat on without worrying overmuch about people (hu-mans) enjoying themselves.

It took ages to warm up in bed last night.

Maybe it is time for the electric blanket to be pressed into use again.

And it's only September.

Comment

Morning all
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I hesitate to ask, but how's the dog?

In an unusual fit of dynamism, there's a big saucepan of lentil <pffft> soup simmering on the hob, and the ZeitStandard leg of lamb is ready to go in the oven when I get around to it.
        Last edited by zeitghost; 17 September 2017, 09:00.

Comment

In an unusual fit of dynamism, there's a big saucepan of lentil <pffft> soup simmering on the hob, and the ZeitStandard leg of lamb is ready to go in the oven when I get around to it.

Comment

I need to do some shopping.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning denizens

Woke up at half five for no discernible reason. Went straight back to sleep again.

Woke up at half six with the vague feeling I ought to have got up to go somewhere, but remembered straight away that I oughtn't. Back to sleep.

Waking and sleeping repeated every hour on the half hour until I finally decided I felt sufficiently rested and got up at twenty to eleven.

I probably would have been up an hour or two earlier if my internal clock hadn't kept waking me up for no good reason to start with

It's a grey sort of day out, though not in a rainy way, or not yet

Comment

Reduced belly pork is roasted. Now awaiting the chips. 36 Year 6 maths questions also completed, which is starting to strain my little brain.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Morning denizens

Woke up at half five for no discernible reason. Went straight back to sleep again.

Waking and sleeping repeated every hour on the half hour until I finally decided I felt sufficiently rested and got up at 9 am.
                  normal night for me, that.

toasted sainsbury's cheese bap with two eggs for lunch.
                  very nice too

Comment

Got around to folding the laundry that was half of the box unpacked on Friday.

The other half will have to wait as I've put the tedious laundry on instead, so I don't end up forgetting and having to dry Tuesday's shirt by wearing it en route to ClientCo - yes, it has happened, and more than once

Tedious laundry is also getting a proper wash rather than the timesaver cycle, for the first time in months; but only because I wanted to stick various t-shirts and such in there too, and you're only supposed to do a half load on timesaver.

Comment

Shopping
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X