• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    WOPMS

Sunny Harrogate for my penultimate Monday on this gig - a fact I hadn't registered till just now. So that means only one more 6am Monday alarm
    My commute was as complex as all wfh weeks. 20 ft to the office via the 100ft diversion to the kitchen.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning

Comment

After shopping I decided to take a trip to see a friend by bike. I fecking hate shared paths full of idiot adults and dog walkers with leads.

Yes if you walk in the middle of the path taking up all of it I will tell you I am coming through. And use the path is shared so don't take up the whole fecking thing.

If you use an extendable lead with your dog I will tell you I'm coming through. I don't care if you jump you as yes the path is shared so don't use the extension.

In fact oddly the only sensible animals on shared paths are children, dogs off leads, random birds, squirrels and horses.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

After shopping I decided to take a trip to see a friend by bike. I fecking hate shared paths full of idiot adults and dog walkers with leads.

Yes if you walk in the middle of the path taking up all of it I will tell you I am coming through. And use the path is shared so don't take up the whole fecking thing.

If you use an extendable lead with your dog I will tell you I'm coming through. I don't care if you jump you as yes the path is shared so don't use the extension.

In fact oddly the only sensible animals on shared paths are children, dogs off leads, random birds, squirrels and horses.
          Yeah... The old railway greenway running from Low Moor in Bradford through to Ravensthorpe in Dewsbury has that issue. Typical scenario is two old biddies strolling down the middle gabbing away, each with a dog off in the bushes to either side.

Metro have opened a station at Low Moor now to aid commuting into Bradford, which is nice of them. There are rumours of another one at Elland too.

Comment

ZombieZeit.

<lurchlike groan>

Comment

The Dog (no tw) has just been taken by The Wife (tm) to the vet.

The theory of a neck/spinal issue seems to be true. We're thinking it's possibly a trapped nerve or muscle spasm. Yesterday The Wife (tm) took her out for a walk and at one point she froze, couldn't move at all. It wasn't like she was digging her heels in and not wanting to move, she was standing but she dropped her shoulders and just stuck there.
              I took her out this morning and just as we got back into the house she froze again. Normally she'd come in, run to the kitchen and have a drink, but she stopped in the hall and wouldn't/couldn't move.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

<- For WTFH's doggie.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  ZombieZeit.

<lurchlike groan>
                  yeh, s'about right

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    ZombieZeit.

<lurchlike groan>
                    Bullet for Sir?
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey sort of day

Comment

Working...
                      X