• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am nearly dead.

An infinity of lawns mown (or at least it feels like an infinity).

The hedge thing down the garden duly hacked so I can walk on the garden paths without getting soaked or ending up on next door's lawn.

The ZeitTea this evening will be lentil <pfffffft> soup since it's been simmering on the hob since this morning.

Gordon Bennet, the ZeitArmsAndShoulders are giving me some gyp.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 17 September 2017, 17:28.

Comment

This afternoon/evening's "healthy" activity has been assembling an Ikea cupboard thing that has been taking up space in the living room for ages, to the extent that it had become a fixture with loads of other stuff piled on top of it - particularly clothes, which it was intended to contain in the first place

It now holds the clothes, with room to spare, and takes up no more room than it did before, as the flatness of its pack was made up for by having its drawers/doors leaning against it. So no actual win in the sense of freeing up any space, but an overall benefit in the quality of life

One day I'll clear enough space in the bedroom to get it in there as originally planned, but today will not be that day

Comment

Chinese for dinner

Comment

TFBSZ
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Got the fire on in the living room

Comment

This evening's feature was "The Long Kiss Goodnight" with Geena Davis and Samuel L. Jackson.

The Long Kiss Goodnight (1996) - IMDb

It was very good.

Comment

Tonight's movie spectacular was K-19: the Widowmaker, based (very loosely according to the surviving crew members) on the true story of the USSR's first nuclear missile submarine, which broke down in the North Atlantic on its maiden voyage. It was interesting enough, but not as exciting as, say The Hunt for Red October or Morning Departure

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning All...

Not to bad in Manc today.

Happy Mondays!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Happy Mondays!
                      WOPMS

Sunny Harrogate for my penultimate Monday on this gig - a fact I hadn't registered till just now. So that means only one more 6am Monday alarm

Comment

Working...
                      X