• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just stuck some remarkably ancient bacon & liver in the freezer after it festering in the fridge for over a week past its BBE.

I suppose it'll be alright when it's cooked.

The lamb is quietly aroasting in the oven.

Bit tempted to set up the hifi in here & see what it sounds like in an empty room.

After yesterday's Very Loud Band I feel in need of something more pleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Just stuck some remarkably ancient bacon & liver in the freezer after it festering in the fridge for over a week past its BBE.

I suppose it'll be alright when it's cooked.

Bit tempted to set up the hifi in here & see what it sounds like in an empty room.

A loud bang?

I didn't know you had it in you sly old dog.

😝

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

The lamb was very nice and was supplemented with a very nice steak pie for no reason other than it had to be eaten soon.

The hifi has been connected up.

Finding the speaker leads, such as they are, was a bit problematic since it hasn't been connected to anything for years.

Rather than the ancient Philips CD104 cd player, the amp is connected to a Lidl(tm) Silvercrest DVD player of some vintage (though at least 25 years or so younger than the CD104).

The speakers are some Mission 700 bookshelf speakers bought because they're a good deal smaller than the Spendor BC2s.

It sounds pretty good for an amp from the 1970s (Linsley Hood 75W kit from Powertran circa 1974ish).

We've had "Comfortably Numb", bits of DSOTM, and "Shine on you crazy Diamond", all from the "Pulse" CD (though the led died long long ago).

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        A loud bang?

I didn't know you had it in you sly old dog.

��
        I haven't.

Feck me, I bought "Pulse" 22 years ago.
        Last edited by zeitghost; 3 September 2017, 18:30.

Comment

Hobgoblin isn't the same as OP. Just saying like...

Damn that guy who got me to walk down that steep hill after drinking my first ever pint of OP...

(And he was my friends' boyfriend so NO I never touched him. )
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

TFBSZ
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This evening's feature prior to the purgatory that is dialled in for tomorrow, was "Vertigo" with James Stewart and Kim Novak, dir. Alfred Hitchcock.

Vertigo (1958) - IMDb

I found it dragged a bit, and oddly, it just ended. Just like that. The End.

Not to be confused with the Sledge Hammer episode entitled "Vertical" which was a good deal shorter & much funnier.

"Sledge Hammer!" Vertical (TV Episode 1987) - IMDb

Apparently one must watch Vertigo several times to appreciate the auteurship of its Great Director.

Well there's a thing:

Originally posted by Wiki
                The earliest pioneers: 1940s to mid-1960s

John Whitney

John Whitney, Sr was an American animator, composer and inventor, widely considered to be one of the fathers of computer animation.[1] In the '40s and '50s, he and his brother James created a series of experimental films made with a custom-built device based on old anti-aircraft analog computers (Kerrison Predictors) connected by servos to control the motion of lights and lit objects — the first example of motion control photography.

One of Whitney's best known works from this early period was the animated title sequence from Alfred Hitchcock's 1958 film Vertigo,[2] which he collaborated on with graphic designer Saul Bass.

In 1960, Whitney established his company Motion Graphics Inc, which largely focused on producing titles for film and television, while continuing further experimental works.

In 1968, his pioneering motion control model photography was used on Stanley Kubrick's movie 2001: A Space Odyssey, and also for the slit-scan photography technique used in the film's "Star Gate" finale. All of John Whitney's sons (Michael, Mark and John Jr.) are also film-makers. John Whitney died in 1995.
                Last edited by zeitghost; 4 September 2017, 12:28.

Comment

Vertigo (1958) - IMDb

Comment

Tonight's feature film was RED 2, which I thought was pretty good fun

And this was followed by a couple of episodes of season 1 of The Americans.

And all of that was delayed by various bits of nonsense to do with server configuration; though at least I got it all working again in the end, and also worked out what I could remove, which is always better than having to add something

Goodnight all

Comment

Rain.

Someone with bad headphones.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X