• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    I've had no answer from ZeitSis re the Magic Lantern.

Can't decide whether to take it with me on the offchance.

No answer being the stern reply from any communications I'm going to leave it behind.
    An answer there was via the landline. How quaint.

Magic Lantern duly taken along with slides.

Party gone to.

The DJ was loud.

The band was fecking deafening, You'll have to speak up, the band was fecking deafening

Poorly balanced and turned up to 11.

I couldn't tell if the distortion was in my ears or in the PA.

Horrid.

Thank feck that's over.

An ex Tory MP was present.

His wife didn't recognize me from 38 years ago when last we met.

Apparently not best pleased at being reminded quite how long ago it was.

He got on well with my Korbynista brother in law.

Comment

Neighbours corpse now safely in the back of the private ambulance.
      Firearms persons én route due to a reported .22 rifle on the premises (I didn't think it polite to mention the DIY fireworks last year since I want to go to bed, not be evacuated to god-knows-where).
      Little Jack Russell rescued from RSPCA extermination (to be handed to Dog's Trust in the morning)
      The smell is quite something. Dead a week, at best guesses.
      To think, I Mr Muscled the inside of the bin and bleached the sink this afternoon too - it must be starting to seep through the walls.
      Bedtime.

RIP Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        Neighbours corpse now safely in the back of the private ambulance.
        Firearms persons én route due to a reported .22 rifle on the premises (I didn't think it polite to mention the DIY fireworks last year since I want to go to bed, not be evacuated to god-knows-where).
        Little Jack Russell rescued from RSPCA extermination (to be handed to Dog's Trust in the morning)
        The smell is quite something. Dead a week, at best guesses.
        To think, I Mr Muscled the inside of the bin and bleached the sink this afternoon too - it must be starting to seep through the walls.
        Bedtime.

RIP Dave.

Comment

A somewhat quieter evening than Barry, as I spent absolutely ages trying to work out what was wrong with my Twitter-reading bot thing, which was plugging away saving stuff on the bot side, but fell over on the website side after I made a fairly trivial change and deployed it. The deployment failed and left things broken. Turned out in the end that it was a disk space problem, due to me having configured it to log loads of stuff last time I broke it, then forgotten to turn that off - I deleted the unwanted logs, and freed up about 30% of the disk, which got everything going again

Still, a useful reminder that an AWS micro instance isn't going to stand up to the pressure in production

Anyway, it being gone midnight by the time that was sorted out, I settled down to watch The Sentinel, which isn't an adaptation of Geoff Crammond's excellent 1980s game for the BBC Micro (and other platforms), but a thriller involving the US Secret Service, which isn't really that secret when you think about it, as much of their work involves standing as close as possible to the most scrutinised public figure in the world

It was OK, but a bit slow in more than a few parts; they could have made a fast-paced action thriller out of the story, but apparently wanted to give it some depth by dragging stuff about relationships and whatnot into it. All well and good; it's their film, after all

And as I had a beer to finish, I watched another episode of The Newsroom. Much loved by Aaron Sorkin fans (it was cailin maith of TPD legend, who is a fan of that ilk, that first told me about the series), I find it a bit of a mishmash of the best and worst of Sorkin. But I've watched worse programmes made by others, and probably will again

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

You'll have to speak up, I'm a bit deaf and the tinnitus is loud today

Ooooo, a dead neighbour.

And it's been quite warm.

Had the doggie been a bit short of food, like?

Zeity had some gastric reflux during the night, which was unpleasant, but was happy to avoid the full nine yards of finger down the throat chundering.

Have I mentioned that the was too loud?
              Last edited by zeitghost; 3 September 2017, 08:22.

Comment

should get up.

Some cleaning to do....
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Warm indeed. The feds left the doors and windows open to let the flies out. The dog was tulip scared - came and curled up on my lap on the doorstep whilst we were trying to determine the last time anyone had seen the guy alive. I don't think he'd got peckish though, if you follow my drift. We managed to find a lady who'll take him, at least in the short term, with a promise that Dogs Trust get first dibs if she changes her mind.

The guy who lives on the other side of him found the body - a very unpleasant description was forthcoming which I could have done without but equally could hardly tell him to shut the feck up either. The deceased was quite badly disabled - struggled about with 2 sticks. He was fairly active last year - chatty and positive guy. I've seen very little of him recently though and he was apparently getting through a bottle of whisky a day and not eating so it sounds like a 'Leaving Las Vegas' type scenario.

The landlord lives a couple of doors down the street. He's got some work on his hands now.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    should get up.

Some cleaning to do....
                    I might do some if I could see the floor in ZeityTowers.

There seems little point in cleaning much of ZeityParentsTowers, all in all.

Breakfast has, so far, consisted of two mugs of tea.

Wish I hadn't eaten all that stuff last evening.

Wish my new extended family weren't all fecking Korbynistas.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                      The landlord lives a couple of doors down the street. He's got some work on his hands now.
                      He needs to get the professionals in, it's not worth attempting to do that yourself.

So he'd been gone long enough for the maggots to pupate?

Dog's lucky then.

Dunno if this applies to the uk:

http://www.apricotpie.com/jessica/fo...-time-of-death
                      Last edited by zeitghost; 3 September 2017, 09:09.

Comment

Working...
                      X