• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Hope you recycled them.
    Well they went in a big, feck off skip marked "Paper" so I suppose they'll get recycled.

Forgot, yet again, a fair percentage of the glass jars & such like.

And now, having had the house 75% cleared, I'm sat on the floor of the "sitting room" (more usually known as the "middle room") typing nonsense into this waiting until the rush hour finishes so I can take some more crap down to the dump, to whit, an ancient red carpet that had blessed the floor of the "dining room" (aka in earlier years "the kitchen") for about 15 years after it had been retired from the "sitting room" because of ZeitPater's shoes wearing away the fibres where he sat when watching tv and an almost equally ancient microwave that I was given about 18 years ago & have never plugged in.

It's immensely heavy & must be built out of girders.

Even more impressive is the broadband coming back up after the modem was removed to avoid tripping up the removals chaps.

Who were kind enough to cart my immensely heavy Miele washing machine from ZeitParents' house to the salting house utility room in ZeityTowers next door.

And i'm utterly & totally exhausted.

I've got to go down the dump and thence onwards to B&Q for verily it is Diamond Day, which must not be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Well they went in a big, feck off skip marked "Paper" so I suppose they'll get recycled.

Forgot, yet again, a fair percentage of the glass jars & such like.

And now, having had the house 75% cleared, I'm sat on the floor of the "sitting room" (more usually known as the "middle room") typing nonsense into this waiting until the rush hour finishes so I can take some more crap down to the dump, to whit, an ancient red carpet that had blessed the floor of the "dining room" (aka in earlier years "the kitchen") for about 15 years after it had been retired from the "sitting room" because of ZeitPater's shoes wearing away the fibres where he sat when watching tv and an almost equally ancient microwave that I was given about 18 years ago & have never plugged in.

It's immensely heavy & must be built out of girders.

Even more impressive is the broadband coming back up after the modem was removed to avoid tripping up the removals chaps.

Who were kind enough to cart my immensely heavy Miele washing machine from ZeitParents' house to the salting house utility room in ZeityTowers next door.

And i'm utterly & totally exhausted.

I've got to go down the dump and thence onwards to B&Q for verily it is Diamond Day, which must not be missed.
      You need some beer after that.

I'm going to do some exercise after this
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Crap. Got the opening hours of the dump wrong.

I was sure they were open until 19:00 or 20:00 but they close at 17:00.

So the trip will have to be tomorrow.

This evening will be purely a trip to screwfix or b&q, whichever is the cheaper for what I want.

I'm sat on the floor drinking my tea.

It is Glengettie.

It is very nice.

Comment

Home!

Not too bad a run back, despite some silly buggery by lorries on the stretch of the A14 leading up to Huntingdon

Got home and it's clearly been raining for most of the day, but it's sunny now

Comment

Still raining...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Still raining...
              Looks like it should be gone soon

Comment

The beef & Guinness portions have been extracted from the vaguely cuboid containers in which they were placed to freeze, and vacuum-packed. That way they take up about half as much space, and are generally easier to squeeze in to odd bits of room in the freezer.

Still not certain what to have for dinner tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Still not certain what to have for dinner tonight.
                  Masala chicken with rice and naan, it turned out to be

Comment

Exercise done. Class was hard. Some new guy was being picked on by the instructor as he wasn't working hard enough. Oddly the new gal wasn't as she was bright red in the face.

Drunk some OP to feel better...

Comment

Watching Meet the landlords. The real problem is the letting agents - but I knew that already.

Comment

Working...
                      X