• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Long day today. Braved commuting to Waterloo - even the signs on the ticket machine said "go home".

Fortunately many had taken the machine's advice so I got a seat on the train, which given that it took nearly 2 hours (normally < 40 minutes) was a definite plus.

ClientB's client was in one of those trendy 'shared workspace' type places. Was quite nice for a day, but not sure I could hack it for months on end. Productive day though - once we got access to the systems, at 90 minutes on the 'good' side of these experiences.

Comment

This evening's first feature got things off to a great start.

It was "She who must not be named", with Morgan Freeman And Scarlet Johanson.

Lucy (2014) - IMDb

Talk about Deus ex machina.

With bells & whistles on.

After this high note it was back down to earth with a bump with

"Copout" with Bruce Willis & an assortment of irritating costars.

Cop Out (2010) - IMDb

As appears to be normal, they cut out most of the best bits which are in the deleted scenes.

I wonder why they do that.

It was notable only in having Buffy's sister as Bruce Willis's daughter.

Comment

Morning denizens

In the words of Voltaire: merde, il pleut

In fact the rain has paused now, though it was tipping down when I woke up, and will apparently be an abiding presence for my journey to the East.

It's gloomy enough that I had to put the kitchen light on while making my coffee, which is one way of marking the passing of the seasons

Comment

Morning all S'murky out.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

rain
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                With the married lady? His luck was in?
                Alas without her.

She was still on the train when I got off.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Alas without her.

She was still on the train when I got off.
                  So did you get off with him?

Maybe some of that stuff FrontBottom2BackBottom said about you was true...
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    So did you get off with him?

Maybe some of that stuff FrontBottom2BackBottom said about you was true...
                    I got off a couple of stops after him but before her.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

It's gloomy enough that I had to put the kitchen light on while making my coffee, which is one way of marking the passing of the seasons
                      Back in the mists of time, when working afternoon shifts, and having a tea break at 20:00, one would mark the start of autumn when it was dark outside the canteen at the end of August.

http://www.sunsettimes.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X