• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun's out.

And the wireless went <click> at 12:04 when the unfunny R4 "comedy" started.

I'm sure one day the wireless will go
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Temperature in the living room is down to 25°C.

A few weeks ago I would have been thinking how warm this was, whereas now it feels positively cool

Comment

Sausage rolls for lunch

Still nice and grey here, though the rain seems to have stopped for now.

Comment

Currently listening to Sylvia Plath on Poetry Please.

Which is odd since she's been dead for yonks.

It's drizzling here, much as it has for much of the afternoon.

This week I managed to run the vac over the house.

One day I hope to dust something.

Now it's John Cooper Clarke reading his own stuff so <click>

Also picked up all the windfall apples, about 10 or 12 buckets full added to the compost heap.

Went down the dump with this week's contribution.

The builders were in next door doing sommat or other, so the pile of crap outside the back door has increased somewhat.

Comment

Rain's back

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Why would it be so urgent that one's neighbour change a fence "by Monday"? Had they told some elaborate lie to their mother that had grown to involve you changing your fence as a key element, and then the mother unexpectedly announced her intention to visit next week?
              Its part of a program of work which they had in the pipeline and started Wednesday having not discussed it with us. They key thing was that they were going to concrete the bottom part of the Garden to provide a run for their elderly dog. This would have set their boundary in concrete. This is happening Monday.

If I hadn't put our fence up they would have put up their own over the boundary and I would then have to live with a quarter of our back fence not matching. And judging by their builders workmanship it would be falling over after about 3 weeks.

Sometimes you have to act fast to avert disaster

Today we had a day off, well I took some boulders (500-100kg 8- 20 inch diameter, rocks I think they qualify https://forum.wordreference.com/thre...ences.2369020/) up to the inlaws who are having their fences done as well. They want the boulders to dissuade people from parking on their verge and falling in the ditch - its hard work pulling a big Chelsea tractor out of the ditch.

I went to get some more angle grinding discs, ring nails and gloves as I have run out of all 3. I weakened and grabbed a pack of jaffa cakes for the week.

I also got a string line for Mrs V in the vain hope she will actually hit a nail straight into the arris rail. This was a cause of argument that I didn't stop her making a mess of it, strange she is always telling me to be more responsible

Finally I did club runs because Micro V has yet another Birthday, having invited 50+ to her party its going to be a weekly thing.

Now to fix the light switch my first born broke 2 days ago, the bathroom light has been lit 247, glad its only 8w LED.

Then tidy up ready for tomorrow, more fencing, more job hunting.

Breakfast - Bacon, Egg, mushroom & 1/2 slice Soda Bread - 150ml smoothie.
              Lunch - Ham & Cheese on brown sandwich + Yop.
              Dinner - TBC

Yesterday
              Breakfast - Bacon, Egg, mushroom, tomato & scone.
              Lunch - chicken & Tomato sandwich.
              Dinner - Pizza + miniature pork pie.

(just so I don't forget).
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Now to fix the light switch my first born broke 2 days ago, the bathroom light has been lit 247, glad its only 8w LED.
                Take care. <- wot you do if you don't take care.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Take care. <- wot you do if you don't take care.
                  all good, spent more time moving Miss V's junk on the floor than fixing it.

Will save me 15p every 4 days. At least Micro V won't be woken up by her sisters leaving the bathroom door open.

Comment

The sum of my achievements today was getting dressed.

Did have a good weekend though. One of the IPSE CC guys organises a 'Freelance Friday' event in Glasgow, so headed up for that. 12 hour round journey on the train meant I got a whole book read. I used to enjoy reading a lot, but have fallen out of the habit of late. "His bloody project" (Booker shortlist a couple of years back) Very good read I thought.

Met up with an old colleague that I probably haven't seen for over 20 years. He's a contractor, albeit on holiday for a year, so persuaded him to come along. Turns out one of the other attendees knew him, so all worked out well. Was lovely to see him, and a very good evening.

Went to the Glasgow parkrun on Saturday and got chatting to a lady who happens to be attending a wedding in Woking next week. As my local parkrun is cancelled due to an event in the park, we are going to meet at Woking and run together. We are now facebook friends

Comment

oh yes its rained all day!

Hopefully tomorrow it will be dry again.

Comment

Working...
                      X