• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A rather large glass of Johnnie Walker blue label and the film Free Fire - not bad but not as good as I expected...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Today's first feature was "Lost in Translation" with Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson, directed by Sofia Coppola.

Lost in Translation (2003) - IMDb

It was ok but something a bit more active would have been a better idea.

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's entertainment opened with Inception, which turned out to be a bit silly and complicated, but pretty much good stuff. It's one of those I've had sitting around for a while, but I've noticed an increase in the number of people making passing references to it on Twitter, usually being jokey about some aspect of the insanity that passes for world governance at the moment. Having seen it, I assume that the idea that reality is actually a bizarre dream has increasing appeal for people, and I don't blame them

This was followed by episode 4 of Wallander: Mörkret (Overdose in English). The story included a teenage girl taking an overdose, and another from the same school having killed herself with an overdose in the past, and at the end the character of Linda Wallander talked about having struggled with depression and suicidal tendencies when she was a teenager.

This was even more poignant in retrospect as Johanna Sällström, who plays Linda, succumbed to recurring depression and killed herself by an overdose about a year after it was filmed; and seven years later, her daughter did the same at the age of twelve. It's all very sad

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all sunny day here
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Was sunny.

Now grey.

Dunno if precipitation is imminent.

I'd heard about Johanna, but not about her daughter Talulah.

Comment

Exercise done.

Face stuffed.

Going to lie down tired...
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Bit cloudy here, but it seems quite mild out

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Afternoon denizens

Bit cloudy here, but it seems quite mild out
                    If you regard 15 deg C as "mild".

Went out this morning & left all the upstairs windows open.

You could store sides of beef up there now.

Comment

Raining here.

Took the car to the friendly eastern Europeans for a wash n wax ahead of tomorrows holiday road trip to Holland.

Just packing n stuff now

Comment

Working...
                      X