• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been out to the bin. Open sky out there, and it's turning quite chilly

Not frosty or anything, but a bit of a change.

Comment

I wore a cardigan earlier. Mainly because it has been on the back of my chair at clientCo for about four of the last six years, and I didn't want to forget to take it home.

Comment

Last day tomorrow. I do hope they don't do anything embarrassing. Perhaps I should procure cakes.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          I wore a cardigan earlier. Mainly because it has been on the back of my chair at clientCo for about four of the last six years, and I didn't want to forget to take it home.
          You won't feel the benefit

Comment

Last day tomorrow. I do hope they don't do anything embarrassing. Perhaps I should procure cakes.
            Giving them a sugar high may help them forget (or tell you) you have have forgotten to do something.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Giving them a sugar high may help them forget (or tell you) you have have forgotten to do something.
              Today I pretended I'd had a bang on the head and forgotten everything I know. Made new boy explain it all to me. They'll be fine. I've got 10 'call off' days if they do get stuck (assuming agent pulls finger out and sorts paperwork).

New gig starts Monday, but has been very quiet, so perhaps I should drop them an email and see where they want me and when.

Comment

Enjoy your new-found freedom!

New gig starts Monday, but has been very quiet, so perhaps I should drop them an email and see where they want me and when.
                …or don't. That's good too

Comment

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Enjoy your new-found freedom!

…or don't. That's good too

A few weeks would have been nice, but it was too opportune an opportunity to pass by.

I have booked flights for a month in Oz next Feb/March, so will get a proper break then

Comment

It's very echoey in here now.

I found a chair.

It's quite surreal in its way.

Cupboards full of china empty and forlorn.

Marks on the wallpaper where pictures once hung.

Ditto for places where plates once hung.

The front room carpet was chopped up & removed.

The dining room carpet is rolled up in a big ball in the outside bog.

Tis all change.

I'm quite sad that the grandfather clock had to go but there's nowhere to put it.

My grandmother's pictures went too which is even more upsetting but there you go.

ZeityTowers has been filled full of stuff, so much so that I had to move some of it so I could sit down & watch some telly.

The answering machine has a low battery and refuses to do anything until it's replaced.

This evening's first feature was "The Manchurian Candidate" (1962) with that Francis Sinatra geezer again. Whatever happened to him?

The Manchurian Candidate (1962) - IMDb

A somewhat better film than the 2004 remake, essentially without the X Files influence present in the latter.

Comment

Working...
                      X