• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I've got £12.50 in Tesco vouchers that expire at midnight, so I'm going to have to venture up there in a bit

Still, free beer is what it amounts to, so I can probably manage the ten minutes or so it takes to walk there
    I made it, despite it being a little warm out now. It came to £12.51

That provided me with four bottles of Old Puke, six crusty white cobs, sausages and bacon from the "better than those ones further down the aisle" range, a multipack of crisps, and a couple of carrier bags.

Despite being labelled a superstore, their selection of bottled ale is execrable: they only have five or six kinds, the rest of the beer aisle being given over to things like boxes of twenty-four cans of Carling Black Label

Clearly they're aiming at the kind of clientele that gets bladdered watching Sky Sports, rather than the sort who sip appreciatively at a superlative example of the brewer's art while taking in the finer nuances of a recent restoration by the British Film Institute

Comment

Ah, crap - the schools down ClientCo way go back on Monday, which will probably add ten minutes or more to my journey time in the morning

Comment

Kitchen sink seemed a bit reluctant to drain so I broke out the NaOH and nuked it.

Mixed it up in the washing up bowl which didn't like it much, but is now much cleaner than it was.

The sink drains quicker too.

Shall have to buy some more NaOH just in case.

It caked up on the bottom of the bowl & wouldn't dissolve, so I turned the bowl upside down in the sink & the crust fell off.

It dissolved ok then.

Quite odd really.

I feel that this evening's view should be the 50p duplicate of the £5 "Collectors Edition" of "Dr. Strangelove".

Comment

Frittata for dinner tonight. Eggs from out chickens. Onion and garlic from the veg patch, 250g of ceps from this morning's dog walk.
          Local food for local people.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

After my trip to the shops I had to do more work.

There is seriously weird stuff on TV.

Oh and I need to start wearing proper bottoms if I go cycling of any sort. Hence my visit to the shops.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

May be swapping planes in a minute
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I can feel a cold coming.

Luckily I Sainsburys had some Vicks First Defence in, so I've dosed myself with that. From the last time I used it I recall it being unpleasant but effective (or it might be placebo effect - who knows?).

Comment

Cod fillet in batter with chips and beans for tea

Just for a change I followed the directions on the packet and cooked the fish in the oven rather than frying it. It came out pretty well.

Comment

Watching the ambulance program.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      May be swapping planes in a minute
                      And on the spare plane
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X