• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Off down the dump with assorted crap & dead & dying stuff.

Including my first electric drill, purchased in 1978 and used to its death in about 2003ish.

It was a B&D and built to a standard that you don't see in chinese crap these days.

Also on its way is the B&D sander of the same vintage that went wrong and the sandpaper stayed still while the handle gave you vibration white finger.

And a cracked windscreen from a Dutton Phaeces, replaced when I got rid of the damn thing back in 1988. Oh glorious day.
      Last edited by zeitghost; 29 August 2017, 08:24.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Off down the dump with assorted crap & dead & dying stuff.

Including my first electric drill, purchased in 1978 and used to its death in about 2003ish.

It was a B&D and built to a standard that you don't see in chinese crap these days.

Also on its way is the B&D sander of the same vintage that went wrong and the sandpaper stayed still while the handle gave you vibration white finger.

And a cracked windscreen from a Dutton Phaeces, replaced when I got rid of the damn thing back in 1988. Oh frabjous day.
        morning, FTFY

Comment

Dump duly visited.

Now on to other things.

Mostly wandering down to town to sit with the hoi polloi for an hour or so.

Comment

Back again,food eaten wine drunk Euroland visited. Goodness isn't it expensive over there now!

Great weekend, now I have to start work this week.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

In with the hoi polloi.

And off we go again.

Stone me I'm
              Last edited by zeitghost; 29 August 2017, 10:46.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                In with the hoi polloi.

And off we go again.

Stone me I'm
                SNAFU
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Lunch today is a wholemeal cob (or bap) with some kind of flavoured chicken bits that tagged along on a three-for-£7 deal at the petrol station M&S the other week, and have been lurking in the freezer

There's an air conditioning vent almost overhead which for some reason feels very cold today

Comment

Spanish friends staying with us. She has gone shopping with The Wife (tm), he offered to cook paella for dinner tonight. Had 15 minutes between conf calls and went to grab some lunch. I knew there was a leftover BBQd sausages in the fridge. Went there, no sausage.
                    Turns out my Spanish friend had made a sausage casserole thing for us for lunch with the left over sausages and veg out of the garden

...yum!
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

In a meeting - need to take bike to fixer.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X