• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing all these people cycling - it's too hot to do exercise outside freaks!
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Walk on Ferring Beach was followed by breakfast at the Bluebird Cafe, then a wander round Parham and a trip to Nutbourne vineyard (one I hadn't been to before).
      Back home, late lunch and then time to tidy up before going to an evening reception.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just popped out the back. Very warm out there. Bring on the mists and mellow fruitfulness!

Comment

ZeitSis turned up about 10:30 & nearly scared the living tulipe out of me since I wasn't expecting anyone until midday.

ZeitNephew's step son turned up at about noon 30.

ZeitNephew & wife turned up at about 13:20, having already had lunch.

Which I & ZeitSis hadn't seeing as we expected to be paying to eat out somewhere.

But it saved me £100 £95, so I'm not complaining.

Shedloads of hideous china has gone away with ZeitSis, who will return on Wednesday to further assist in getting shot of even more hideous china.

I now know, more or less, what they don't want to keep, so I can get rid of all that ASAP.

Found an old blue and white saucer with transfer printed chinese dragons on it.

Turns out that, via the wonders of the interweb, it was made by Taylor & Kent at the Longton pottery works, the pattern being 188913.

Ain't science wunnerful?

It is, needless to say, worthless.

Being totally & unexpectedly exhausted, I forewent the concept of cooking something for the ZeitTea, so it's been baked beans with little sausages on toast.

After doing the dishes, it'll be time for a nice film.

Hopefully a bit better than yesterday's "Three Kings", which must be fairly unusual in having a Maori playing an Iraqi Arab.

In other news, I haven't managed to shave today, having been interrupted rather earlier than I expected.
          Last edited by zeitghost; 28 August 2017, 17:32.

Comment

After a bit of faffing about, I've managed to assemble disparate raw ingredients into a beef & Guinness casserole, which is now on a low temperature in the bottom of the oven.

It won't be eaten today, as I want to leave it overnight to do that thing with the flavours. So it'll be tomorrow's tea instead, and the rest will then be frozen

Today's tea is going to be leftovers from last night's Chinese, quickly reheated - though not rice, partly because you're not supposed to, and partly because I didn't get any.

Comment

Visiting people. I can go in about one hour.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Read something today that looked like it had Monday Links potential, but on reading was somewhat dull.

https://www.brainpickings.org/2014/0...laurence-king/

Although I had no idea that lineprinter art predated lineprinters.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Read something today that looked like it had Monday Links potential, but on reading was somewhat dull.

https://www.brainpickings.org/2014/0...laurence-king/

Although I had no idea that lineprinter art predated lineprinters.
                  I think it's quite interesting

I saw that book being talked about on Twitter earlier, though I don't think I saw the Brainpickings link. Was that how you found it?

Comment

Leftovers consumed. Nice enough

My stomach has seemed a bit disgruntled the last couple of days. I suspect it's still recovering from having several pints of ale dumped on it with nothing more than a sandwich beforehand on Saturday night

I daresay it'll be all right again tomorrow and ready for the casserole, which I've now taken out of the oven to cool.

Comment

Five more weeks

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X