• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Did you rob a Premier Inn?
    No went searching for bedroom furniture and saw that bed so bought it. Mrs Eek wanted a teal version but that was £400 more so went for the purple...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I hope you've bought some leopard print sheets to go with it. And maybe a top hat and cane.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        I hope you've bought some leopard print sheets to go with it. And maybe a top hat and cane.
        Don't forget a matching outfit for the butler
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Were I not doing things before the Christmas Party that would be my outfit. £32....
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              ClientCo got me to put together a demo screen of a putative "customer portal" featuring various bits of the project that look good, such as the graphs. I've just given them the screenshots, which are going to be used in a video at a forthcoming trade show.

I wonder if anybody will point out the name of the fictional customer whose data is displayed: "Tyrell Corporation"
              Tyrell: The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly, Roy. Look at you: you're the Prodigal Son; you're quite a prize!
              Batty: I've done... questionable things.
              Tyrell: Also extraordinary things; revel in your time.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Were I not doing things before the Christmas Party that would be my outfit. £32....
                Just tell her its role play, shuddup and moan !

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Brexiteers: 'We must assert the supremacy of British law and take back sovereignty from the unelected apparatchiks of the EU!"

High Court: "British law says you have to run that by Parliament, as that's where sovereignty resides under our constitution."

Most sensible people : Fair enough no tricks now!

Bremoaners : Great Brexit is off we can still live abroad and suck up to Merkel etc.

Brexiteers: "Feck off!"
                  FTFY.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    pimptastic

Comment

Home, and weekend!

It's been a pig getting the last three miles home though

I'd popped the shopping bags in the car this morning, thinking I might do the shopping on the way home and save a trip tomorrow. After leaving ClientCo bang on time and having a generally good run back, I was looking at a record time if I came straight home, but I took the lane for the shops as I came off the motorway.

Once we were off and onto the sort of spur off the ring road that leads to the junction, everything was at a standstill; and it's five lanes wide. I figured there must be some incident somewhere as it was as bad as I've ever seen it, and I wouldn't have had much joy getting home in a hurry anyway. As it was it took about half an hour to travel the half-mile or so to Sainsbury's.

I got my shopping done there and filled up with petrol, by which time it was nearly an hour since I'd left the motorway. I'd thought the traffic would have dispersed by then, but it was almost as bad. I got across to M&S, much hindered by the imbeciles who thought they were being clever and avoiding the jam by cutting through the retail park, which just meant the internal roads round that were jammed too. (The parking and shops were almost empty.)

I finally got to M&S and picked up the few bits I wanted, and headed home. The road towards the city was also dead slow and stop for most of the way up.

So I finally made it home three hours after leaving ClientCo for a seventy mile journey; or an average speed of about 23mph

This is the kind of crap I'll be overjoyed not to have to deal with any more once I've finished at ClientCo

But the shopping's done, so I don't have to worry about that; and I remembered there's frozen curry leftovers in the freezer, so cooking will be a doddle

Comment

Working...
                      X